milestone arrives at UK

OP
pajo

pajo

Reaction score
I am not from UK, I'm from eastern europe, and I got info from local motorola store that milestone will arrive at eastern europe in jan, or february of 2010..

and in UK will be sold as sim free (not on contract), at least for now....probably O2 or some other operater will pick it up in a month-two time...

I am really glad to see moto back, especially in europe!

Red_Stafford

Reaction score
Is this the phone to look out for and is it worth waiting for, will this finally be the phone to better the iPhone 3GS ? I am on 3 Network and can upgrade now to something like the HTC Hero or wait until Feb 2010 when my contract runs out and swith networks and see whats available, what would you suggest.

jackabite

Reaction score
Support and Firmware Updates

OK I'm about to spend £450-00 with Expansys on the SIM FREE UK Motorola Milestone! :)

I have a few questions;

1. Support, what happens if I get a dud ? Expansys has a 10day returns policy but after this it's back to Motorola. However after visiting Motorola's website there's no way to report a problem for a "Milestone". This worries me.

2. Firmware updates, Dec 11th brings an OTA for US Droid users. What about the UK\Europe Milestone users ? Where can I get the firmware updates from OTA ? (I doubt as it's SIM FREE and not with a carrier) Is this something that's already built into the UK version ?

I would love to hear from anyone who has any insight into these areas.

EsiEmi

Reaction score
god knows. i was gonna get it on preorders too but i think i be waiting till early january see how things go.

the other thing i cant figure out is warranty lenght.is it a year? two years? ????

its a shame that motorola dont sell directly to cutomers like nokia.

jackabite

Reaction score
Well just taken the plunge! if anyone is interested then you can get a further £5-00 discount @ Expansys by typing WEBUSER in the voucher code field at the checkout page.

In regards to support, updates & warranty have to wait and see!

jackabite

Reaction score
Well just taken the plunge! if anyone is interested then you can get a further £5-00 discount @ Expansys by typing WEBUSER in the voucher code field at the checkout page.

In regards to support, updates & warranty have to wait and see!

Has the Milestone been delayed ? Technology News and Gadget Reviews | T3 magazine Online have a hands on but with no retail firmware so could only show the hardware. :icon_eek:

My Expansys order now shows expected in 5days which puts it out to the 10th Dec. I was expecting it to be delivered Monday 7th.

jackabite

Reaction score
Motorola and Expansys have let us down!

There's no sign of delivery and the latest update is 6 days which puts the release out to the 14th Dec. That's 1 week after the "Exclusive" UK delivery was meant to start.

jackabite

Reaction score
Motorola and Expansys have let us down!

There's no sign of delivery and the latest update is 6 days which puts the release out to the 14th Dec. That's 1 week after the "Exclusive" UK delivery was meant to start.

Shipped 10/12/2009 :)

Guja

Reaction score
Got mine. Now waiting for 2.0.1. The autofocus bug is annoing. Any information about that?

Guja

Reaction score
How will the updates be delivered? O2? I'm from Slovenia. Got the Milestone from exspansys. How will I get the updates?