Microsoft Exchange

OP
New2u

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ok all,
I have my droid connect to 3 different exchange severs(2003 Small Business Server) with self signed SSL.
I, as administrator, did have to disable the password(PIN-handles wipe) requirement since that is not able to be at this time. so if what i have listed below doesn't work for you, then this is the reason and it won't work until Android or exchange app that it is using is updated to allow or work with this "wipe" technology.

Use "\username" not "domain\username"
password
server is the address to the server that you use to get OWA without the exchange on the end without the "https://".
for example for me to get to my owa, I use "server1.domain.com/exchange"
so I would use "server1.domain.com" for exchange server
make sure both ssl and accept any ssl are checked(this would be for those that are using a self signed ssl) otherwise you would leave it unchecked..

The way we have ours setup is to just use the username, as i just checked the server settings, we also don't work with the wipe technology right now, and we don't require a pin. So I input "\username". Then the password. The way our server is setup its "remote.domain/owa" so i input that and i just get an authentication error "username \ password". We have the mail server setup to port foward to the external website, this shouldn't be an issue should it?

BTW welcome to the forum.

BigTex71

Reaction score
Does your Exchange server have ActiveSync enabled on it? That is required to sync properly with the Exchange server.

Last edited:
OP
New2u

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
yup, tried that one after pars65 said something about it. still didn't work :) I think i will just wait until the 11th, it's most likely got something to do with one of those issues.

Pars65

Reaction score
Your using remote.domain.***(be it com, net, org) address? not just remote.domain

You didn't say whether it was a self-signed or other SSL?

Were you able to connect with a windows mobile phone?

Last edited:

dknight

Reaction score
I am having the same problem. Our Windows mobile phone are working just fine. We noticed in the IIS logs the Droid is encoding the \ as %5 instead of sending a \ to the server so in the log it looks like DOMAIN%5username instead of DOMAIN\username like all the other phones.

s-one

Reaction score
dknight what are the http error codes for the droid sessions in the logs? Are they coming up as 200, 401 or 500's?

becks66

Reaction score
I finally got mine to log in to my employers exchange server using "\username", password, then domain/owa. Now let's see whether or not it actually syncs!

heem

Reaction score
make sure in active directory, exchange features you have rights to all the "mobile services"

becks66

Reaction score
Well, it's now been a whole day and none of my exchange data has synced to my Droid. No emails, no contacts, nothing... I have the account set up, it is visible and reads correctly but when I go to sync all it does is... well, nothing. If I can't get my work emails as well it may b a deal breaker for me which is a shame because in every other way this phone is awesome. Does anyone have any suggestions?

s-one

Reaction score
I had to result to IMAP for incoming and SMTP for outgoing. Which means I will get my work email in 5 min intervals (not PUSHED). It's not a true Exchange solution but at least my emails get to me until I figure out what my Exchange 2k3 sync issues are.

Sugrat

Reaction score
Well, it's now been a whole day and none of my exchange data has synced to my Droid. No emails, no contacts, nothing... I have the account set up, it is visible and reads correctly but when I go to sync all it does is... well, nothing. If I can't get my work emails as well it may b a deal breaker for me which is a shame because in every other way this phone is awesome. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Will someone let you use their account details (username / password) to see if their account works on the phone? If their details work, then you know it's your account and not a setting/security issue with the exchange server.

Football_Bill

Reaction score
You must make sure all three Mobile Services options listed in the exchange features of your user account in ad are enabled.