Micro USB-Charging

floydsu

Reaction score
Sorry for the noob question. I did a search and really didn't find the answer I was looking for.

I just upgraded my old Blackberry to a Incredible. Quite a change since my blackberrry was about 4 years old.

Anyway, I have a bunch of Mini USB charges in my possession from the blackberry. The Incredible uses the Micro USB. Is it possible to buy an adaptor to put on these charges to turn them into Micro USB? If so, are there any that are recommended or any mini-to-micro would do?

Is there any danger to my phone going this route?

Thanks

manilaboy1vic

Reaction score
i would like to know as well... can i use my MOTO droid charger for the Incred??

can i use the car charger i got for my MOTO D for the Incred?? is that safe?

REARless

Reaction score
Yes they make them. I bought a Droid the day they came out from Best Buy and I thought I was purchasing a micro usb cable. What I was actually purchased was a mini usb cable with a micro adapter. Do a Google search on "mini to micro usb adapter."

Droids

Reaction score
i would like to know as well... can i use my MOTO droid charger for the Incred??

Probably, but it depends.
What are the volt and amp specs for the wall charger that came with the DI?

Droids

Reaction score

Probably, but it depends.
What are the volt and amp specs for the wall charger that came with the DI?

INPUT: 100-240V ~ 200 mA 50-60Hz
OUTPUT: 5V --- 1A LPS
Input matches the Droid charger.
Output for the Droid charger is 5.1V and 850mA (.85A)

The voltage is fine.
Looks like the DI wants more amperage, but just a touch more.

It will be safe to use the Droid charger on the DI, it just won't charge quite as fast, but it'll be close.

robdroid

Reaction score

USB Micro is rated for 5 volts! The chargers out there both home and auto are anywere from 500Mah to 1500Mah (1.5amp)! Out of the Incredible box was a home charger rated for 1amp or 1000Mah My Eris came with a Home charger rated for a hefty 1.5amp (1500Mah). They all work, the larger the amperage the faster the phones will charge BUT also the higher Amp outputs will heat the Batteries as well! As long as you use a USB Micro your set!

robdroid

Reaction score

USB Micro is rated for 5 volts! The chargers out there both home and auto are anywere from 500Mah to 1500Mah (1.5amp)! Out of the Incredible box was a home charger rated for 1amp or 1000Mah My Eris came with a Home charger rated for a hefty 1.5amp (1500Mah). They all work, the larger the amperage the faster the phones will charge BUT also the higher Amp outputs will heat the Batteries as well! As long as you use a USB Micro your set!

http://store.androidcentral.com/blackberry-mini-usb-to-micro-usb-charging-adapter/5A19A6000.htm Here is the gender Changer i mentioned above happy sailing guys

RPA-DROID

Reaction score
I've been using my BB storm cables / chargers just fine since getting my Dinc. COuldn't see getting yet another charger out of the box (some are still not convince to drop the BB and get the Dinc - they don't know what they are missing LOL)