micro sdhc class and the camera

silk

Reaction score
Anyone with a class 6 micro sdhc card notice if your camera speed works better? I'm toying with buying a class 6 card just to make my camera more usable but I was just wondering if anyone else has done this.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I posted something about this recently. Someone commented that the internal components in the droid cant take advantage of a Class 6 or higher Card. I'm still trying to find that post or more info about it.

Last edited:

brochaos

Reaction score
there was an old thread about the vid recording and people who bought the class 6 did not report any improvements. are you running 2.1 or 2.2? i've noticed the camera quality, at least the video, is much better in 2.2.

OP
S

silk

Reaction score
I'm running 2.2. I haven't messed with video yet but the camera seems a little bit better than 2.1.

monkeydog

Reaction score
I've been running with a class 6 since launch day, used it in my old env touch. The camera is slow between pictures, takes a few seconds to save the photo or whatever it does after the picture is taken. Not sure if its faster than class 2 performance since I've only ever used class 6 but I will emphasize that it is SLOW compared to other phones, even with my class 6.
I was never impressed with the picture quality, my old EnV Touch took photos of drastically better quality, so I just use my point n shoot camera for pictures instead.

Just did some test photos specifically for this thread. It takes around 4-5 seconds from taking the picture to having it saved and ready to take another w/ class 6. Should help determine if its faster than a class 2.

Last edited:
OP
S

silk

Reaction score
Thanks. I think I'll hold off on the class 6 then.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Because of hardware (maybe it's programming instead, but there is still this limitation) limitations, the Droid can't take advantage of anything above a class 2. So even with a class 6 or above, you won't notice any improvements.

wiz561

Reaction score
I'm wondering if there's an update to this thread. I just bought vignette and it seems like after you take a picture, you will get the red circle for about 3 or 4 seconds, if you choose a high megapixel picture.

I was thinking that between taking FOREVER to copy mp3's to it with doubletwist and the camera saving the picture issue, a faster sd card might help. But before I drop 100 bucks on one, I was just wondering if anybody had an update with the phone running froyo.