Class 6 micro SDHC users . . . .

dwagner88

Reaction score
Does using a class 6 card improve the performance and speed of your camera at all?

I was thinking about investing in a class 6 card. They seem to be going for around 55 bucks at various websites. The main reason I wanted one was because I copy entire seasons of TV shows to my sd card at one time. With the stock class 2 card, it takes about 30 minutes for one season of Dexter (watch it now if you haven't before, it's the best show on TV) to copy to the card. I would expect an appreciable decrease in copy times with a class 6 card. So would I be wasting my money? Or is it worth it?

silk

Reaction score
I asked this question a couple of weeks ago. I was told that the Droid has a hardware limitation of class 2 only.

OP
D

dwagner88

Reaction score
I asked this question a couple of weeks ago. I was told that the Droid has a hardware limitation of class 2 only.

Well that is really depressing. I guess I just get to wait half an hour for my movies to copy over.

Paul1201

Reaction score
I got class 6 cards for both my wife's Droid and mine. I did not notice any speed increase in the phone except for copying files to and from the cards. I take mine out and use the adapter to place the card in my laptop's SD slot.

I figure if nothing else you can keep a backup of the data on your card in a form factor that fits in the phone.

Paul1201

Reaction score
I got class 6 cards for both my wife's Droid and mine. I did not notice any speed increase in the phone except for copying files to and from the cards. I take mine out and use the adapter to place the card in my laptop's SD slot.

I figure if nothing else you can keep a backup of the data on your card in a form factor that fits in the phone.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Increasing the SD card class won't improve camera performance. It's only going to affect read and write times to and from the card. In other words, saving and viewing photos will be faster but that's it. You're not going to get decreased shutter lag or anything.

OP
D

dwagner88

Reaction score
Thanks for the input. I think I'm gonna go ahead and buy one. It will be nice to not have to wait half an hour for TV shows to transfer over.