Messed up Droid....

Foreverrr

Reaction score
Alright so whenever I try and 'wake-up' my droid, the LED turns red and just stays on, and the screen turns on. But when I try and slide to unlock it, everything is frozen...This also happens when i get a popup from a text, everything freezes and nothing works, except for the sleep button.

I also heard some talk about Droid 1's not getting manufactured anymore, and other phones were available if something every goes wrong with the current one that somebody has and they need a replacement. Did I hear somebody say that Droid Incredibles and Droid X's were offered through this?

I've tried a battery pull and a factory reset, is there anything else i could do to try and fix this problem?

vzwtek

Reaction score
Alright so whenever I try and 'wake-up' my droid, the LED turns red and just stays on, and the screen turns on. But when I try and slide to unlock it, everything is frozen...This also happens when i get a popup from a text, everything freezes and nothing works, except for the sleep button.

I've tried a battery pull and a factory reset, is there anything else i could do to try and fix this problem?

Dos the phone have the custom recovery, if so....

power off the phone, press and hold the "T" key, then press and hold the power button. Keep pressing and holding the T key till the phone powers up all the way, plug it into your moto rsd lite and reflash the .swf file. Then do a hard reset.

If no custom recovery, try downloading the custom recovery and loading a different rom, this will tell us if your stock rom is good or bad or not.

OP
F

Foreverrr

Reaction score

Dos the phone have the custom recovery, if so....

power off the phone, press and hold the "T" key, then press and hold the power button. Keep pressing and holding the T key till the phone powers up all the way, plug it into your moto rsd lite and reflash the .swf file. Then do a hard reset.

If no custom recovery, try downloading the custom recovery and loading a different rom, this will tell us if your stock rom is good or bad or not.

What exactly does flashing the .swf file mean? Sorry I'm not good with techy stuff like that :\

vzwtek

Reaction score
This is the way to load the custom recovery to the phone and root it.
I'm sure there is other stuff on this forum, but this is how I did it.

Guide to Rooting Android 2.1 on a Motorola Droid | Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

I never said anything about wanting to root my phone...

you can take it back to stock really easily, it may just be something with the OEM Firmware. That would explain some of the intermittent freezing issues. But if you dont want to get that deep into fixing your own stuff. then just call in and get a replacement.