Message Notification Tone Change to MP3??

Zero Cool

Reaction score
I have figured out how to change the Ringtone to a MP3 and that works fine, but i have not found a way to change the message notification tone to a MP3. I figured out how to change it to another preselected built in tone. but is there a way to use my own MP3 for the message notification tone???? possibly a good app or something???

Inundated

Reaction score
I'm not sure this is the right answer, but I THINK you have to create a "Notifications" folder on the Droid's micro-SD card, and then dump the MP3s in there.

ZeRo_C0oL

Reaction score
WTF on the username? lol...

Mount your phone as a drive by plugging the data cable in, swipe down your notification pane, and manually create "notifications" and "alerts" and "ringtones" folders. Place your files there, and enjoy.

OP
Z

Zero Cool

Reaction score
COOL! that worked. I created a folder called notifications and moved the MP3 i wanted into that folder. then when i went to select a notification tone. my MP3 appeared! excellent! it was just a folder naming thing.

what does the alert folder do? how do i set alert tones? or moreso what triggers alert tones?

MEGA THANKS!

Zc

ZeRo_C0oL

Reaction score
COOL! that worked. I created a folder called notifications and moved the MP3 i wanted into that folder. then when i went to select a notification tone. my MP3 appeared! excellent! it was just a folder naming thing.

what does the alert folder do? how do i set alert tones? or moreso what triggers alert tones?

MEGA THANKS!

Zc

Alarms, calendar events, etc.

Your default alarm options are really lame, so you'll probably want to wake yourself up to something other than an obnoxious buzz.

Inundated

Reaction score
Curious - where do you put the "notifications" folder in the Droid's directory structure? In the top level, in a "music" or "audio" subfolder, or what?

OP
Z

Zero Cool

Reaction score
Curious - where do you put the "notifications" folder in the Droid's directory structure? In the top level, in a "music" or "audio" subfolder, or what?
The root of the SD card. just create a folder on the card.

Infernalblaze

Reaction score
i kno your problem was already solved but you can also make notifications using the ringdroid app. when you edit a song and you are going to save it there is a menu that contain the option of making it into a ringtone or a noticfication.

CowSurf

Reaction score
I'd like to set a ringtone I have downloaded off the net as the notification for when I receive an e-mail message. How do I do this? Thank you...

CowSurf

Reaction score
Thanks to Infernalblaze, I figured it out. I knew there would be a way - I just needed to read a bit. Thank you for your help!

Reaction score
ok zero cool i like the name but my question do i have to plug my droid to my lap top to create the folder i am self tought with all these things if you can take the time to give me a step by step i would be very thankful