Memory question

azules9780

Reaction score
I ended up with Star Wars D2 after the glass on my D1 broke. I wanted to use the 16 gig card with all the pictures and info on there for the D2. But it won't read it. Is there any way I could take the save the pics to the D2 and then erase the card and then reformat it for the D2? I'm assuming it's a formatting issue because the D2 says there is nothing on there.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Also, i'm really digging the phone and motoblur! Sacriledge, I know. Anyway, thanks for having me.

joker402

Reaction score
Copy everything to your PC.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
A

azules9780

Reaction score
Ok, so copy it to my PC and then reinsert the card in the phone? If that doesn't work then insert it into my computer and reformat it there and then reinsert it into my phone at which point it should be formatted to the phone correct? And then I can just use the USB cord to put everything back on the card on the phone right?

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hello and you should have a format SD card function. Menu/settings/SD card & phone storage/format SD card. That is the path to get to it. This will erase everything on the SD card so make sure you got it backed up on the PC. Let us know of you still have problems.

Good luck tho

Sent from my rooted D2

OP
A

azules9780

Reaction score
Ok, thanks a lot guys. I'll work on it and let you know if I got it.

joker402

Reaction score
Yea copy over on pc, reformat card then copy back content. Idk what happen to the rest of my post.

mspeights

Reaction score
Hello and you should have a format SD card function. Menu/settings/SD card & phone storage/format SD card. That is the path to get to it. This will erase everything on the SD card so make sure you got it backed up on the PC. Let us know of you still have problems.

Good luck tho

Sent from my rooted D2
I can't see anything on my SD, even though I changed the photos to default to it. I thought maybe I needed to format it for my Droid Incredible. When I follow the steps you list here, the option for Format SD Card is greyed out. Does that mean it's already formatted? I tried to download an app specificially designed for the SD card and it said "not enough storage on disk" even though the SD storage shows 1.8 GB on my phone. What's going on?