Media Dock Weather Widget GLITCH

kbrake

Reaction score
I have this media dock by motorola. I can't get the weather widget to work. Can I download it again? If so where and what do I call it? This is very frustrating.

DesktopDevin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Can't say what the fix is but I have found out one thing it has something to do with location. I have a media dock in Sterling Va. and one in Manassas.

When I put it in the dock in Sterling it works, I put it in the one in Manassas and it says it can't connect.

I have called *228 and updated the prl with no luck. Weird. Thought it was just my droid weather widget was corrupted. I am going to sbf it back to 2.01 and run the full update (ota) back up to the current version to see if it fixes it.

DesktopDevin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Well I know it was rather drastic to sbf it back to 2.01 I was having just some sluggishness with the phone and wanted to make sure it was clean.

Backed up My Data, formatted the sd card then wiped the partition and cache. Then used rsdlite to flash it back to 2.01.

I then activated it but held off on logging in to my google account. Verizon passed down the update to bring it up to 2.1 update1 (ESE81). I let it install and rebooted.

I docked it and now the weather widget in this build is working.

Time to see what happens after I let all the updates come in before I log back into my account and redock it... will report back.:blackdroid:

DesktopDevin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Well, updated back to the latest and greatest yesterday,tested and loaded apps back up and the weather still works in the dock.

Strange must of been some type of file coruption dealing with the location of my droid and the network connection. Although you would think that it would also affect other data usage but didn't.

The error it would throw was saying network connection not available in the weather app.

Maybe it was just a connection problem from the reporting station for that area and I really didn't need to do anything to fix it?

Either way it was still neeeded for me.... my droid is a rocking again.dancedroid