Maybe this forum can help.

kevins686

Reaction score
ya I work for the ballast division. Its got crazy with all the rules now it really went nuts when the guy got hit in doswell by the train I was there that day. Not good and he was on the phone cause of stuff like that they changed the Erails certification test now has even more safety chapters you have to know and of course I have to take it next week I hate that test .where you dispatch out of?

Yeah you definitely don't want to be on the phone when you're messing around unprotected tracks. Still, I think they're going overboard with it; for instance, CSX was making crews stop their trains, get 3-step, and walk away from the tracks before they could use their cellphones.

I dispatch for a shortlines holdings company now, I control their train traffic across the southeastern US. It's about 8 roads, all TWC. Used to dispatch for CSX, though. Are you with a Class I?

cananot

Reaction score
ya I work for the ballast division. Its got crazy with all the rules now it really went nuts when the guy got hit in doswell by the train I was there that day. Not good and he was on the phone cause of stuff like that they changed the Erails certification test now has even more safety chapters you have to know and of course I have to take it next week I hate that test .where you dispatch out of?

Yeah you definitely don't want to be on the phone when you're messing around unprotected tracks. Still, I think they're going overboard with it; for instance, CSX was making crews stop their trains, get 3-step, and walk away from the tracks before they could use their cellphones.

I dispatch for a shortlines holdings company now, I control their train traffic across the southeastern US. It's about 8 roads, all TWC. Used to dispatch for CSX, though. Are you with a Class I?

Ya I'm with CSX really thinking about applying for another job like for BBRailroad or something along that line cause really tired of traveling getting older not as young as I use to be I asked if I could be placed back in Jacksonville but I havent heard anything since I asked ..lol So that must mean no.. Least you got out of CSX so thats a good thing cause we know how they are .Ya the 3 step is part of the new chapters which is nuts cause thats just stupid! Next time I'm in PA I'm gonna apply for a yard job there cause the crews and conductors are really getting lazy,for instance I was in NC waiting for the train and it was coming out of Hamilton which is 2 hours away I waited til 18:30 that night and I talk to OP's at 0700 that was freaking nuts I was mad!!!:icon_evil: They told me they stopped for breakfast ..Really??? WTF! That was hours ago I called OP's and ran my mouth have me waiting like that with some lame excuse..Sad I tell you..

kevins686

Reaction score
Ya I'm with CSX really thinking about applying for another job like for BBRailroad or something along that line cause really tired of traveling getting older not as young as I use to be I asked if I could be placed back in Jacksonville but I havent heard anything since I asked ..lol So that must mean no.. Least you got out of CSX so thats a good thing cause we know how they are .Ya the 3 step is part of the new chapters which is nuts cause thats just stupid! Next time I'm in PA I'm gonna apply for a yard job there cause the crews and conductors are really getting lazy,for instance I was in NC waiting for the train and it was coming out of Hamilton which is 2 hours away I waited til 18:30 that night and I talk to OP's at 0700 that was freaking nuts I was mad!!!:icon_evil: They told me they stopped for breakfast ..Really??? WTF! That was hours ago I called OP's and ran my mouth have me waiting like that with some lame excuse..Sad I tell you..

LOL what division are you with, Florence or Baltimore? Sounds like the Florence Division. I almost took a dispatch job with the Florence Division, but wound up resigning from CSX instead!

cananot

Reaction score

LOL what division are you with, Florence or Baltimore? Sounds like the Florence Division. I almost took a dispatch job with the Florence Division, but wound up resigning from CSX instead!

Yup you guessed right with Florence ,but soon to be part of the VA beach Division which Jacksonville nor Florence has a say in what I do..Praise God!!!!! I can't wait I will have the WO75 and WO68 for trains..YAY for me :)

kevins686

Reaction score
Yup you guessed right with Florence ,but soon to be part of the VA beach Division which Jacksonville nor Florence has a say in what I do..Praise God!!!!! I can't wait I will have the WO75 and WO68 for trains..YAY for me :)

Those Herzog trains were the worst lol! I've always understood that roadway has to do their job, but nothing sews up a dispatcher's railroad like a 5mph train dumping ballast!

cananot

Reaction score

Those Herzog trains were the worst lol! I've always understood that roadway has to do their job, but nothing sews up a dispatcher's railroad like a 5mph train dumping ballast!

Lmao. .wow did you say 5mph holy crap that's a super fast crew lol more like 2 mph and that's not even including the crews smoke break. Ya I know exactly what you mean we can screw up you whole day and you all get PO"d when we on your main lines we hear you all over the air lol to funny. Least I'm not alone on this forum

bernardino5

Reaction score
It's my understanding that the bars r for voice calls and the 1x,3g or 4g is ur data connection don't quite understand ur question but the bars r totally different than ur internet /data.

"ThuNd3rB0lT"