Maxx storage where is the entire 16 gb??

fucco

Reaction score
I noticed there is 3 gb for apps and 8 gb for internal storage of personal stuff. Where is the other 5gb?? I do not see it under storage or apps.

Drrooiid

Reaction score
As explained to me by Verizon, 4 Gig is for the OS, 4 Gig is for apps, 8 Gig is for storage. Another "Hype marketing claim".;)

R

RETG

Is it hype or just a norm with computers and the Razr is a computer. If the phone didn't partition the 8gb for OS and apps, then where would it go? My laptop has 8gb RAM but the first few gb is used by the windows software and apps, but I don't feel like I was cheated out of a couple gig of RAM.

Drrooiid

Reaction score
Is it hype or just a norm with computers and the Razr is a computer. If the phone didn't partition the 8gb for OS and apps, then where would it go? My laptop has 8gb RAM but the first few gb is used by the windows software and apps, but I don't feel like I was cheated out of a couple gig of RAM.

Hardly the same, since we're not talking about RAM, but STORAGE. The OS has a dedicated 1 Gig of RAM in addition to the 16 Gig of STORAGE which is 1/2 BLOCKED. Get it?

OP
F

fucco

Reaction score
But my apps say i used .9 and have 2.1 gb left. That is only 3gb

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

R

RETG

Hardly the same, since we're not talking about RAM, but STORAGE. The OS has a dedicated 1 Gig of RAM in addition to the 16 Gig of STORAGE which is 1/2 BLOCKED. Get it?

So the correlation was not accurate; it was late. So I GET IT. Mistakes happen, or do you never make mistakes. SO YOU CAN COOL IT WITH THE YELLING!
But let's go at it from another angle.
You purchase a brand new computer, will it work without the operating software being loaded to the hard drive? Don't think so....
So in this case, the phone has to have its OS loaded to a storage area....
So, would people like you complain less if Motorola stated something like 16gb of storage, with 8gb partition for OS and all future apps?
Or would it be better if Motorola added a disclaimer such as, "9. Available user memory varies due to the configuration of the phone, which
varies by service provider.
" (Which they do on their website for the Razr Maxx.)
I will say that I cannot find the same disclaimer on Verizon's website, so maybe people should complain to Verizon if it is really a problem.

And this question is asked almost every week!