Maxx App when docked?

Doug103

Reaction score
Greetings everyone. I have a question maybe you can help me with. I Bought the HDMI docking station for my DRM. I had used one for my
Droid X and I used it mostly on my bed stand for the alarm clock and weather features.
Well now that I put a case around my DRM the docking station is useless. What I am looking for is the app that is run when the phone is
plugged into the dock. I'd like to set up my Smart Actions so that when I plug the charger into the phone at night this dock app runs. I just can not find this installed app.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

bladewriter

Reaction score
Greetings everyone. I have a question maybe you can help me with. I Bought the HDMI docking station for my DRM. I had used one for my
Droid X and I used it mostly on my bed stand for the alarm clock and weather features.
Well now that I put a case around my DRM the docking station is useless. What I am looking for is the app that is run when the phone is
plugged into the dock. I'd like to set up my Smart Actions so that when I plug the charger into the phone at night this dock app runs. I just can not find this installed app.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm not sure if this will work with smartactions, but this may get you part way there.

Download the app QuickShortcutMaker from play store.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sika524.android.quickshortcut

Search for activity (not an application) called

Code:
Smart Dock
Smart Dock
com.motorola.smartdockcom.motorola.smartdock.bedsidedock.BedsideDock

(not a typo- that's how the activity shows up, icon is blue with gear in it)

You can test the shortcut first by hitting "Try". Then create an actual shortcut by selecting a name for it
then hit "Ok" and it will place the icon in your launcher.

You can have fun trying out shortcuts to lots of activities on the phone that are otherwise triggered by car dock inserts etc. And you can create shortcuts that go straight to car nav apps, and whatnot, but not all of them will work. You can also bodge up the phone by picking some system activity and changing things you aren't supposed to. I'm not responsible.

OP
Doug103

Doug103

Reaction score
Thanks blade. I gave it a try but no luck. I'll just look into other apps.