MavRom Questions and Comments

mikelbeck

Reaction score
I've just installed MavRom on my D3 - it's the first time I've rooted this device and first ROM I've installed. I'm impressed so far, my D3 seems to be a little faster and the battery life is much improved!

A couple of questions though...

1. Where's Swype?
2. After rooting and before installing MavRom I did a backup from CWM recovery. Is it safe to rename the backed up folder? I'd like to call it something like "Stock Rooted" instead of how it's named currently (date/time).
3. In the Maverick Toolbox, Memory Settings - what's the difference between the 3 options?

And now a suggestion...

In the Maverick Toolbox, bunch of the items allow you to install or uninstall an app, or install a different version of an app. It'd be nice if the tool showed what the current setting or installed version is.

SocalDroid

Reaction score
Excellent questions

I am in almost the same state as you, in the process of flashing my first ROM on D3. My understanding of the Memory Settings from reading the forums is that it basically decides how aggressive the Android OS task killer will be in reclaiming memory. The stock option is the most aggressive and MavBasic is least aggressive and Mav Deluxe is supposed to give you the ideal mix with best battery life. See comment below -
The memory tweaks adjust the parameters by which the OS auto kills background apps. The more aggressive it is, the quicker it will shut down apps you have running in the background. The stock ones are the most aggressive, mav deluxe is next in line and mavbasic is the least aggressive and best for multitasking.

I could be wrong - I am still a n00b on D3.

vbhokiefan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
1. Where's Swype?
3. In the Maverick Toolbox, Memory Settings - what's the difference between the 3 options?

1. The ROM has been debloated. Therefore, no Swype. Go here, get the Swype beta, its much better IMO anyway.
2. I've never had an issue with renaming a backup. Not to say that you won't, but decide for yourself. I'd move a copy of the backup to my PC just to be sure.
3. Socal's quote from Buckmarble defines it.

Last edited:
OP
M

mikelbeck

Reaction score
1. The ROM has been debloated. Therefore, no Swype. Go here, get the Swype beta, its much better IMO anyway.
2. I've never had an issue with renaming a backup. Not to say that you won't, but decide for yourself. I'd move a copy of the backup to my PC just to be sure.
3. Socal's quote from Buckmarble defines it.

Cool, thanks for the udpate. Is this your ROM? If so, do you think the suggestions I had about the toolbox could be incorporated into the next version?

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Fairly certain the stock (blur) apps are installed. Easy check for that is to check after you first install whether the text messaging app (blur) or SMS messaging (aosp) is installed. It would be in the app drawer. I'm pretty sure it is, in fact, text messaging.

vbhokiefan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Cool, thanks for the udpate. Is this your ROM? If so, do you think the suggestions I had about the toolbox could be incorporated into the next version?

I'm part of the team, but the Toolbox is Pedward3x's creation.

Reaction score
This rom is pretty slick. How do I turn off the auto correct? It's pretty annoying...

Edit: I turned it off in settings, but it still auto corrects everything. Or at least it thinks it is. Especially in sms messenger 2.3.3.

Edit again. Nvm. Figured it out. I guess the options were under multi touch keyboard settings. But i'm using the hardware keyboard..... w/e. Thinking out loud.

Last edited:

pedwards3x

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I do like that suggestion for the toolbox. I shall look into that and add it to my list of things to do haha

mikeeg02

Reaction score
Any chance of getting the AOSP unlock screen and rounded sliders back?

pedwards3x

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Buck and I are working on lock screen options. They will be coming to the ROM for sure.

dtr3030

Reaction score
would it be possible to get the stock weather/news widget app added to the toolbox? i really prefer that one as it's the same one that was also on my droid1.

bogdan_wrc

Reaction score
i preferred that too. but i found weather BUG application from market. wonderful application and shows the temperature in the taskbar. ;) veeeery nice widget. i recommended it

trini.s2k

Reaction score
Hey whats this i keep reading in different post about mav 3.5 is that true, also what would be new, i was going to flash this rom again , cause i miss it and i dnt wanna have to wipe everything again , ne light on this 3.5 and whats new and when it might be ready will be appreciate, thank you devs for your hard work love the rom !