[ROM] Maverick Rom for the Droid 3 (MavROM) - V4.5

alowbman

Reaction score
Done and done! Thank you. Installed last night and runs like a champ.

redsox985

Reaction score
Is a wipe required coming from 4.0? Has anyone just gone for the direct flash over it? Additionally, when staying clocked at 1 GHz, is battery life prolonged even more? Thanks! (I ask so many questions because I'm going out of town tonight and don't want a week of headaches. :p)

vbhokiefan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Is a wipe required coming from 4.0? Has anyone just gone for the direct flash over it? Additionally, when staying clocked at 1 GHz, is battery life prolonged even more? Thanks! (I ask so many questions because I'm going out of town tonight and don't want a week of headaches. :p)

You SHOULD be able to flash over 4.0 without a wipe . That being said, if you have ANY issues, please wipe and reflash BEFORE asking for help or complaining that something isn't there or doesn't work right. "Did you wipe?" will always be the first question ;-)

Theoretically, 1.0 should give you better life than 1.1 and 1.1 will give better life than 1.2, but I don't know how much difference you'll see, if any.

Phibernaut

Reaction score
Is anyone else having the issues with Mav Toolbox? I can't use any of the included wallpapers or install the AOSP theme.

Hangroid

Reaction score
Please upload the safestrap. The safestrap v1.08 is ok to use for this ROM ?

Last edited:

vbhokiefan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Is anyone else having the issues with Mav Toolbox? I can't use any of the included wallpapers or install the AOSP theme.

Did you wipe before installing? Did you clear toolbox downloads after installing, but before using the toolbox?

Which AOSP theme is giving you trouble?

linuxgator

Reaction score
Did you wipe before installing? Did you clear toolbox downloads after installing, but before using the toolbox?

Which AOSP theme is giving you trouble?

I too have had problems with the toolbox. I wiped both before and after installing, and didn't have a toolbox download folder as I did a complete wipe of both SD Cards prior to installation. When I try using one of the wallpapers, the toolbox FCs when I click apply wallpaper. When installing a new theme, it does the download then says 'installing null' then reboots, but without having applied the new theme. I tried a number of different themes and different wallpapers, even going through and deleting the files that had downloaded and failed on previous attempts. I'm using safestrap 2.0 with the .906 base system.

Hangroid

Reaction score
Where I'm doing wrong

1- Install Safestrap V.108
2- Reboot and enter in safestrap menu.
3- Enable Safe System
4- Reboot
5- Again enter in Safestrap menu and Wipe data/factory reset
6- Install ROM from install zip from SD card.
7. Installation finish of ROM
8- Reboot
9- Press search button to continue
10- Black Screen nothing coming Stuck.

linuxgator

Reaction score
Where I'm doing wrong

1- Install Safestrap V.108
2- Reboot and enter in safestrap menu.
3- Enable Safe System
4- Reboot
5- Again enter in Safestrap menu and Wipe data/factory reset
7. Installation finish of ROM
8- Reboot
9- Press search button to continue
10- Black Screen nothing coming Stuck.

A few things that you can try are:
1. In the safestrap menu, with safe system enabled, go to the Advanced option and select Wipe Dalvik Cache. Reboot.
if that doesn't work,
2. Power the phone off completely, remove the battery, reinsert battery, start phone, then instead of pressing the search button to continue, just let it time-out (10 seconds or something).

Hangroid

Reaction score
A few things that you can try are:
1. In the safestrap menu, with safe system enabled, go to the Advanced option and select Wipe Dalvik Cache. Reboot.
if that doesn't work,
2. Power the phone off completely, remove the battery, reinsert battery, start phone, then instead of pressing the search button to continue, just let it time-out (10 seconds or something).

Nothing is working, any other suggestion

linuxgator

Reaction score
Redo the install, though with a few changes.

1- Reboot and enter in safestrap menu.
2- Enable Safe System
3- Wipe data/factory reset
4- Wipe Cache
5- Advanced>Wipe Dalvik Cache
7. Wipe Data/Factory reset/Wipe Cache/Wipe Dalvik (again)
8- Turn Off
9- Pull Battery/reinsert
10- Start phone, allow it to time-out (i.e. don't press the search button)
11- Cross your fingers.

If this fails, it's possible that you have a corrupt download file.

Phibernaut

Reaction score
Linuxgator - are you formating the system folder before installing the ROM?

I have the same configuration as the above - Safestrap 2 and running .906. Wiped everything, cleared downloads, etc. Applying wallpapers force closes the toolbox, the launcher links/labels are switched and the AOSP Gingerbread theme downloads/installs 'null' without change.

Last edited:

pistacio

Reaction score
Wipe more than once and also format /system. I had problems on another OC'd rom, it cured the issues.

Format /system
Wipe data/cache at least 3x
Wipe cache at least 3x
Wipe dalvik 3x
Install
Wipe data/cache once
Wipe cache once
Wipe dalvik once
Reboot

If that doesn't work, make sure you have a good download.

Sent from my XT862 using Tapatalk 2

linuxgator

Reaction score
Linuxgator - are you formating the system folder before installing the ROM?

I have the same configuration as the above - Safestrap 2 and running .906. Wiped everything, cleared downloads, etc. Applying wallpapers force closes the toolbox, themes download/install null without change.

I recently got a Bionic, so I decided to FXZ my D3 back to stock and let it do a format of both the internal and external SD cards when I did it. This was the first time i've installed MavROM since doing that, so everything should've been squeaky clean when I started. I didn't do a format of the system folder from within safestrap though.