[ROM] Maverick Rom for the Droid 3 (MavROM) - V3.0

bgarlock

Reaction score
Strange permission issue I am running into (already ran 'fix permissions' from Safestrap 1.08). I think this has to do with the included pieces of Blur that are left from debloating the ROM, and maybe I am missing something, but when I try to add a new account for an app that will track my calls, and automatically log time to my time tracking app, I get the following errors: (I pressed the icon in the Add new account screen, 3 times, so this is repeated)

Code:
02-24 10:37:12.083   344   350 I ActivityManager: Starting: Intent { cmp=com.peg.cibs/com.peg.harvest.HarvestLoginActivity (has extras) } from pid 2871
02-24 10:37:12.083   344   350 W ActivityManager: Permission denied: checkComponentPermission() reqUid=10325
02-24 10:37:12.083   344   350 W ActivityManager: Permission Denial: starting Intent { cmp=com.peg.cibs/com.peg.harvest.HarvestLoginActivity (has extras) } from ProcessRecord{4083f918 2871:com.motorola.blur.setup/10062} (pid=2871, uid=10062) requires null
02-24 10:37:12.942   344   671 I ActivityManager: Starting: Intent { cmp=com.peg.cibs/com.peg.harvest.HarvestLoginActivity (has extras) } from pid 2871
02-24 10:37:12.942   344   671 W ActivityManager: Permission denied: checkComponentPermission() reqUid=10325
02-24 10:37:12.942   344   671 W ActivityManager: Permission Denial: starting Intent { cmp=com.peg.cibs/com.peg.harvest.HarvestLoginActivity (has extras) } from ProcessRecord{4083f918 2871:com.motorola.blur.setup/10062} (pid=2871, uid=10062) requires null
02-24 10:37:13.950   344   801 I ActivityManager: Starting: Intent { cmp=com.peg.cibs/com.peg.harvest.HarvestLoginActivity (has extras) } from pid 2871
02-24 10:37:13.950   344   801 W ActivityManager: Permission denied: checkComponentPermission() reqUid=10325
02-24 10:37:13.950   344   801 W ActivityManager: Permission Denial: starting Intent { cmp=com.peg.cibs/com.peg.harvest.HarvestLoginActivity (has extras) } from ProcessRecord{4083f918 2871:com.motorola.blur.setup/10062} (pid=2871, uid=10062) requires null

Any ideas here? The app would certainly be helpful, and it does run without issue in Stock..

Many thanks,

Bruce

CM-Freak

Reaction score
Great

Just did a wipe and installed MavRom v3 no issues and rom is great so far. Awesome Job Devs.

Only thing I will be looking into is replacing the camera, as this one seems to use the stock d3 one which is kind of slow. I seem to remember there being a better camera software from another phone that people were using. Will update with which one it is and how it goes.

Doubleyoupee

Reaction score
Really? What do you use, actually phone calls, chat apps, or what?
Almost everyone in my country has switched to whatsapp, don't you guys use it in the USA? It is so big here the providers had to change all subscriptions because nobody is texting anymore.

CM-Freak

Reaction score
Almost everyone in my country has switched to whatsapp, don't you guys use it in the USA? It is so big here the providers had to change all subscriptions because nobody is texting anymore.

Apps like that and others have not really become as huge in the USA. Each app has a bunch of people on it but no one app has everyone, there is the problem. I and I assume many others don't like having 10 different apps to chat with every, not to mention a lot of people don't use any of them which leads to using texting as the default.

I wouldn't mind using one of these apps but only if it had most of my contacts, which depends on what your friends use which in my case is none really so texting is my only real option.

Doubleyoupee

Reaction score
Apps like that and others have not really become as huge in the USA. Each app has a bunch of people on it but no one app has everyone, there is the problem. I and I assume many others don't like having 10 different apps to chat with every, not to mention a lot of people don't use any of them which leads to using texting as the default.

I wouldn't mind using one of these apps but only if it had most of my contacts, which depends on what your friends use which in my case is none really so texting is my only real option.
I see, well everyone here uses whatsapp, because it uses/binds to your actual phonenumber. So you don't need to create an account where you have to add all the others. It's not like gtalk or MSN.
You install it and all people from your actual contact list will show up. And you receive messages like it's a text. Even if texting was free (which it's not here) whatsapp would still superior (grouptexting, pictures, videos, etcs)

CM-Freak

Reaction score
I see, well everyone here uses whatsapp, because it uses/binds to your actual phonenumber. So you don't need to create an account where you have to add all the others. It's not like gtalk or MSN.
You install it and all people from your actual contact list will show up. And you receive messages like it's a text. Even if texting was free (which it's not here) whatsapp would still superior (grouptexting, pictures, videos, etcs)

What about cross platform and non whatsapp users, is there issues or less features? If I have whatsapp but the people I text don't or worse they have iPhones haha will it still function the same will I be able to group text those people (thread style).
Where are you from if you don't mind? Because my regular texting can do pics, and videos (with a size limit) but would whatsapp not limit me? But in that case would they be able to receive it?

I will definitely have too look into this. As I agree in todays world we should not have the limits and the extra cost that come with texting.
(before anyone complains yes texting is relatively cheap unlimited but I believe it should be free/included with the plan not a extra fee on top)

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
My unlimited text is included in my plan...is my plan old or is yours?

Sent from the best 3G phone on Verizon.

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
If any of you don't follow the mav team on twitter, you should!

Doubleyoupee

Reaction score
What about cross platform and non whatsapp users, is there issues or less features? If I have whatsapp but the people I text don't or worse they have iPhones haha will it still function the same will I be able to group text those people (thread style).
Where are you from if you don't mind? Because my regular texting can do pics, and videos (with a size limit) but would whatsapp not limit me? But in that case would they be able to receive it?

I will definitely have too look into this. As I agree in todays world we should not have the limits and the extra cost that come with texting.
(before anyone complains yes texting is relatively cheap unlimited but I believe it should be free/included with the plan not a extra fee on top)

No issue across platforms, all behave the same.
I'm from the netherlands. I can do pics with texting and video (called MMS) but it will cost me more (like 0,30ct?), I don't think whatsapp limits, but it does resize pictures so you don't have to upload/download 2mBs.

But like I said, even if texting here would be free (including unlimited pictures/video sending) I'd still use whatsapp. Especially the group feature is really great. If you go on holiday etc. with some mates you just invite them to a group and you can all write in 1 threaded text.