[ROM] Maverick ROM for the D3 v4.0

vbhokiefan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Okay, its the weekend and I need something new to flash! Anticipation!

Pedwards3x has some fun new stuff in the works.....but he's taking a well earned vacation this week. :biggrin:

alowbman

Reaction score
vbhokiefan said:
Pedwards3x has some fun new stuff in the works.....but he's taking a well earned vacation this week. :biggrin:

We are excited! And yes - a well deserved vacation. Thanks for the info.

Sent from my DROID3 powered by MavRom 4.0

synpse

Reaction score
just flashed Mav 4.0 over top of Steel Droid 4.6 and all the apps are updating right now. All the settings survived fine. We'll see how this goes.. I'm anxious for the new release! couldn't wait

UPDATE: 1 day later. this rom is wayyyy faster running games n stuff than SD4.6 Battery life is good, too

Last edited:

JonathanRott

Reaction score
Uninstallling and returning to stock moto blur

So i'm going to sound like a noob asking this, and I am a noob, but how do I go back to stock motor blur? I'm using safestrap, and I followed the instructions listed on page 1, and made a recovery nandroid and everything, but what are the steps to uninstall the rom and go background to blur? Thanks. Really appreciate it.

synpse

Reaction score
With Safestrap, I would just turn the phone on, go into the safestrap menu, and do the "factory reset". that will wipe the cache, ??, and the current rom. Reboot and you're back to day-1 settings with your phone. As for restoring your backup.. i really don't know. bit of an android noob myself. linux geek from 1998 redhat days.

Why do you want to go back to stock? don't like ROM's? don't like the Launcher?

vbhokiefan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
*PUBLIC SERVICE MESSAGE*

Just a reminder that until we get the new server in place and the files uploaded, anything in the toolbox that has to download (i.e. apps, themes, scripts, etc.) will not work. If you need anything, please let one of us know and we will try to get it posted for you to flash the old fashion way.

Please know we are working hard to resolve this.

pistacio

Reaction score
With Safestrap, I would just turn the phone on, go into the safestrap menu, and do the "factory reset". that will wipe the cache, ??, and the current rom. Reboot and you're back to day-1 settings with your phone. As for restoring your backup.. i really don't know. bit of an android noob myself. linux geek from 1998 redhat days.

Why do you want to go back to stock? don't like ROM's? don't like the Launcher?

I believe you need to go into recovery and toggle safemode to "nonsafe" then reboot.

JonathanRott

Reaction score
I believe you need to go into recovery and toggle safemode to "nonsafe" then reboot.

So all I have to do is just do a factory reset and wipe the cache and then boot into nonsafe mode?

Last edited:

pistacio

Reaction score
So all I have to do is just do a factory reset and wipe the cache and then boot into nonsafe mode?

You could also format /system (under advanced menu?) while your in SAFEMODE , after the factory reset and cache wipe. That will wipe your rom in safemode.

Then toggle safe mode to nonsafe and reboot into your stock+rooted factory rom.

JonathanRott

Reaction score
You could also format /system (under advanced menu?) while your in SAFEMODE , after the factory reset and cache wipe. That will wipe your rom in safemode.

Then toggle safe mode to nonsafe and reboot into your stock+rooted factory rom.

Thanks, i'll try that!

romshark

Reaction score
Just wondering about the Memory Tweaks in the Toolbox. Is there a method to choosing the right settings for my phone? Or just click "MavDeluxe Memory Tweaks" and continue on my way? I'd really like more info on this.