[ROM] Maverick for the Droid3 (MavROM) - V2.5

OP
buckmarble

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Maybe something with the DJMOD.. I used the latest one from buckmarble that fixed my screenshot (where it didnt work before), maybe you can only use that one after you already installed the normal DJMOD!
= maybe it was just a patch

Do not flash an older version of the dj mod. It has different fw. Not sure why it is cause you to not have a status bar. Redownload it. See if that helps.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Doubleyoupee

Reaction score
Do not flash an older version of the dj mod. It has different fw. Not sure why it is cause you to not have a status bar. Redownload it. See if that helps.

What I meant was.. I gave him the link of the version you gave me to fix the screenshot problem.
If that was just a patch to DJMOD then it might explain why he's not getting statusbar etc.

DroidDetox

Reaction score
Did you try flashing another theme? If so, did that restore the status bar?

I didn't try flashing another theme once I had installed the DJmod and the status bar was missing. I guess I could give that a shot, but Doubleyoupee suggested the DJmod for the 3G toggle. I downloaded that from the 'minus' link he posted, maybe that version is older?? If that is the case where would I find a newer version? Per redsox saying what would happen if he restored his nand, I did that and am currently on that system after the status bar thing, ROM's been great.
Thanks

OP
buckmarble

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I didn't try flashing another theme once I had installed the DJmod and the status bar was missing. I guess I could give that a shot, but Doubleyoupee suggested the DJmod for the 3G toggle. I downloaded that from the 'minus' link he posted, maybe that version is older?? If that is the case where would I find a newer version? Per redsox saying what would happen if he restored his nand, I did that and am currently on that system after the status bar thing, ROM's been great.
Thanks

Download try this one

OP
buckmarble

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Tried it, installed, like usual still no status bar. Also tried installing a different theme after losing the status bar and that brought it back. Seems like a bad theme file?

Ill see if I can get it fixed

lewrydiboys

Reaction score
Hi, guys. I'm new here and I'm looking for a good rom because stock roms are so 'heavy'. So I'm wondering if this rom is compatible with my cell phone, Milestone 3 XT860. Thank you for your hard work.

redsox985

Reaction score
Why I'm puzzled about the status bar is that I had 2.5 running perfectly, with DJMOD installed. Then I mysteriously lost the ability to send texts. So I SBF'd and went to reapply it and lost my status bar. I had texting both ways the night before. I had the same .zips on my external SD card. I just reflashed them...the same ones that worked the night before. So, my 2.5 .zip worked both times, but the DJMOD .zip worked the first, but not the second, time.

SocalDroid

Reaction score
Tethering on Mav2.5

Getting ready to install my first ROM (outside of stock) and really excited about this ROM. Based on all the reading, I have
1. Installed SafeStrap 1.06
2. Installed Recovery using SafeStrap
3. Created backup in non-safe mode and am about ready to install the ROM.

Two question -
1) After switching to safe mode in safestrap and rebooting again into recovery, Do I directly use install from zip option as the opening post says or Should go into mounts and storage and format system and then use the install from zip option as Guidot says here - http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-3-hacks/181636-how-use-safestrap-backup-flash-wip.html#post1831640
and I quote below for reference
To flash a ROM:
1. Make sure the ROM .zip file is on your SDcard
2. Reboot and access recovery as above.
3. Select Safe System
4. Turn on Safe System (this should take a few minutes as it is copying the userdata to an unused partition)
5. Power off and reboot into recovery (have not verified this is acutally necessary)
6. Select mounts and storage
7. Format /system

8. Back to main menu
9. Install zip (your ROM) from SDcard

2. Is any kind of tethering built-in into this ROM - wireless or USB that bypasses the self-provisioning option that gets presented on stock D3?

vbhokiefan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I had texting both ways the night before.

Just curious....When your texting "stopped" what did you do before you SBF'd? Did you reboot? Clear SMS data/cache? Wait to see if it was a network issue? Try in another location? Were your signal icons white or blue? guess what I'm getting at is that it appears you didnt get some txt messages and immediately sbf'd and Im wondering why. :biggrin:

redsox985

Reaction score
I rebooted, battery pulled while on, wiped cache and dalvik, reflashed stock 2.5...I think that's it. I was still receiving inbound texts, but when I would send one, the sending spinner (in HandCent) wouldn't stop. I texted 2 other cells in my house, neither received any of the messages. I even tried a 3rd number not on our plan, and they never got it. We were chatting over Facebook, so I know they never left my phone, despite being able to receive them immediately.

Reaction score
Getting ready to install my first ROM (outside of stock) and really excited about this ROM. Based on all the reading, I have
1. Installed SafeStrap 1.06
2. Installed Recovery using SafeStrap
3. Created backup in non-safe mode and am about ready to install the ROM.

Two question -
1) After switching to safe mode in safestrap and rebooting again into recovery, Do I directly use install from zip option as the opening post says or Should go into mounts and storage and format system and then use the install from zip option as Guidot says here - http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-3-hacks/181636-how-use-safestrap-backup-flash-wip.html#post1831640
and I quote below for reference

2. Is any kind of tethering built-in into this ROM - wireless or USB that bypasses the self-provisioning option that gets presented on stock D3?
why 1.06? The latest safestrap is 1.08. When i flashed mav rom, i formatted the system. But that was also cuz i was running cm9 alpha 6 lol. So it seems you can format your system and still flash the rom. I didnt even come from the ota leak base. In fact when i toggle back to unsafe, my phone runs steel droid 2.0 with system version 5.6.890. No problems at all.

bishop0114

Reaction score
Is there a difference between this 2.5 version and the old 2.5 thread that has been locked?

vbhokiefan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Is there a difference between this 2.5 version and the old 2.5 thread that has been locked?

No, The new thread was started by request of the mods when we went from 2.0 to 2.5

OP
buckmarble

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Be on the lookout..........