[ROM] Maverick for the Droid3 (MavROM) - V2.5

DroidDetox

Reaction score
I got the theme installed but now I have lost my status bar completely... :frown:

redsox985

Reaction score
Glad you're back! Im currently at 40% at 16 1/2 hrs. Moderate use. I am knee deep in college homework at the moment, but I plan to try and port the "blur" ICS lockscreen as seen from the leak for the euro razr. I have a system dump of it, so we will see how it goes when I get there! Ill talk to the other two guys about the dock stuff. None of us have a dock to test with. If we had one to test, it'd be a lot easier for us to make work.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Well, if you can throw together a test flashable .zip or whatever, I can test it out for you. I'll just need to learn how to make log files so I can document it and get that back to you if you decide to pursue it. Thanks!

EDIT: Strange. I was texting all last night after flashing 2.5. I texted a bit this morning, but now it won't send a message despite receiving a few. Time to try *228 1 & 2.

Last edited:
OP
buckmarble

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Well, if you can throw together a test flashable .zip or whatever, I can test it out for you. I'll just need to learn how to make log files so I can document it and get that back to you if you decide to pursue it. Thanks!

EDIT: Strange. I was texting all last night after flashing 2.5. I texted a bit this morning, but now it won't send a message despite receiving a few. Time to try *228 1 & 2.

Try reboot? Did you restore or fresh flash and wipe?

redsox985

Reaction score
Rebooted, pulled the battery, wiped cache and dalvik all after it stopped working. Didn't fix it. :( I wiped all data before and restored from TiBu. What puzzles me is that it worked last night.

EDIT: I'm just going to reflash Mav and the dark theme with pull down toggle editor.

EDIT Dos: A reflash didn't fix it. Time to charge it up, SBF, reroot, reflash Mav, and see what changed. I think your ROM hates me. :p

Last edited:
OP
buckmarble

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Rebooted, pulled the battery, wiped cache and dalvik all after it stopped working. Didn't fix it. :( I wiped all data before and restored from TiBu. What puzzles me is that it worked last night.

EDIT: I'm just going to reflash Mav and the dark theme with pull down toggle editor.

EDIT Dos: A reflash didn't fix it. Time to charge it up, SBF, reroot, reflash Mav, and see what changed. I think your ROM hates me. :p

Do you use safestrap or bootstrap??

redsox985

Reaction score
Do you use safestrap or bootstrap??

Safestrap. Now, something makes me have vague memories of Mav not playing well with SS.

EDIT: Oh jeez, just SBF'd with the quick unbrick method from XDA, reflashed Mav 2.5 and DJMOD's dark theme and I have no pull down bar. Time to charge and re-SBF, but with RSD Lite. Then call VZW and demand a GNex for some reason TBD. :D

Last edited:

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Safestrap. Now, something makes me have vague memories of Mav not playing well with SS.

That was a long time ago.

Haven't had trouble on 1.04-1.08 in any fashion, and I've wiped and reinstalled this and 2 other ROMs about 20-25 times.

Sent from the best 3G phone on Verizon.

DroidDetox

Reaction score

EDIT: Oh jeez, just SBF'd with the quick unbrick method from XDA, reflashed Mav 2.5 and DJMOD's dark theme and I have no pull down bar. Time to charge and re-SBF, but with RSD Lite. Then call VZW and demand a GNex for some reason TBD. :D

I got the theme installed and didn't have a status bar/pulldown menu so I reverted back. Any ideas?

OP
buckmarble

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score

Did you boot up the rom before flashing the theme?

redsox985

Reaction score
Did you boot up the rom before flashing the theme?

I didn't boot before doing this the first time and had no issues. Now, I'm trying to upgrade to 5.7.894 before reflashing Mav so I get the updated baseband and kernel, but it keeps hitting errors.

EDIT: Well, I gave up on stock flashing 5.7.894. I flashed Mav, it booted fine, I flashed DJMOD's theme, no status bar...? I've tried flashing 2.5 with Bootstrap, booting, rebooting, flashing DJMOD, done the same in SS, tried flashing 2.5, flashing DJMOD, then booting...no luck. I'm torn now. Go back to my no texting Nand and trouble shoot more, go with stock 2.5, or go back to Liberty (shotty camera). Sorry for being a huge pain in the ass. Thanks for the great dev support man!

Ok, I'm convinced it's just my device. Flashing just 2.5 results in no status bar. Looks like I get to have what remnants of my sanity I still possess bludgeoned from me by Big Red's customer service tomorrow. If I can't talk them into a GNex, I'll be sure to root, protect, and flash 5.7.894 immediately and come right back here with a clean device. :)

Last edited:

DroidDetox

Reaction score
I didn't boot before doing this the first time and had no issues. Now, I'm trying to upgrade to 5.7.894 before reflashing Mav so I get the updated baseband and kernel, but it keeps hitting errors.

EDIT: Well, I gave up on stock flashing 5.7.894. I flashed Mav, it booted fine, I flashed DJMOD's theme, no status bar...? I've tried flashing 2.5 with Bootstrap, booting, rebooting, flashing DJMOD, done the same in SS, tried flashing 2.5, flashing DJMOD, then booting...no luck. I'm torn now. Go back to my no texting Nand and trouble shoot more, go with stock 2.5, or go back to Liberty (shotty camera). Sorry for being a huge pain in the ass. Thanks for the great dev support man!

Ok, I'm convinced it's just my device. Flashing just 2.5 results in no status bar. Looks like I get to have what remnants of my sanity I still possess bludgeoned from me by Big Red's customer service tomorrow. If I can't talk them into a GNex, I'll be sure to root, protect, and flash 5.7.894 immediately and come right back here with a clean device. :)

It's not just you redsox, I'm in the same boat. I did boot the rom before installing the theme and my status bar went rogue.

redsox985

Reaction score
It's not just you redsox, I'm in the same boat. I did boot the rom before installing the theme and my status bar went rogue.

It makes me wonder how I had it running perfect last night and this morning, went to school, it magically crapped out, I started as fresh as possible, and now it just ran away? I wonder what would happen if I restored my nand?

Doubleyoupee

Reaction score
Maybe something with the DJMOD.. I used the latest one from buckmarble that fixed my screenshot (where it didnt work before), maybe you can only use that one after you already installed the normal DJMOD!
= maybe it was just a patch

vbhokiefan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

Did you try flashing another theme? If so, did that restore the status bar?