Marshmallow Update for Samsung Galaxy Note 5 (and more) Likely Pushed Back to Q1

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
samsungviet-android-6-marshmallow.jpg

A new version of Samsung's update schedule has leaked and it looks like sad news for Galaxy Note 5 owners. If the intel is accurate then the Note 5 won't get the Android 6/Marshmallow update in late Q4 of 2015 after-all. According to the leaked info, it has been pushed back to Q1 of 2016.

In fact, taking a look at this revised schedule it seems most of Samsung's newer devices won't get the Marshmallow update until the beginning of next year. We will keep an eye out for additional confirmation of this intel, but for now, it's probably safe to assume this is accurate.

Here's the dedicated section for the Samsung Galaxy Note 5 discussions: Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Android Forum at DroidForums.net

Source: PhoneArena

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Hopefully this means that they're taking their time to fully bake the update.

I just saw a headline on another site that (I think) VZW is pushing out the currently monthly security patch to the Note 5, S6, Edge/+ now. If that's the case, at least the security patches will be up-to-date while owners of those devices await Marshmallow.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Q1= late March.
Late April for At&t customers
Early May for VZW customers.

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
I had seen something about google helping samsung with software and touchwiz. If this is the cause for the delay this may be beneficial for those users if that is true.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
i heard rumors before this of a dec update for vzw note 5. been hitting check update for days....