Marketplace oddities?

Dan.Droid

My brother and I both have a Moto Droid, and we're sitting here talking and sharing apps we found. He found an app that, when I do a search for it in marketplace, doesn't come up.

I can see the search result on his screen, and I use the exact same search string he does, and don't come up with half the list he got.

My Droid is older, from launch, and his is only 3 days old, if that matters.

Is there an option some where that is restricting my searches? He says he hasn't changed anything for settings.

pandroid

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
hrm, same roms?

Market might not recognize your phone as 2.1.
Can you see any lwp's? ie "pongur"

OP
D

Dan.Droid

I've done several searches for lwp's and have several running. I did a search for Pongur, since you specifically mentioned it, and it comes up quickly.

OP
D

Dan.Droid

He found a lwp that was the Droid Eye, so I did a search for that. I got a list of stuff, but it was about a third of the list he got, and the specific lwp he found wasn't listed. So, I did a search for Droid Eye Lite, which was the name of the actual lwp, and absolutely nothing came up.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
He found a lwp that was the Droid Eye, so I did a search for that. I got a list of stuff, but it was about a third of the list he got, and the specific lwp he found wasn't listed. So, I did a search for Droid Eye Lite, which was the name of the actual lwp, and absolutely nothing came up.

You sure its not Droid eye live and not lite?

JCo352

This was a known issue after the 2.1 update, with Google Earth and a few LWP, a known fix would be doing a factory reset, that has helped some people.

OP
D

Dan.Droid

I spoke with a couple reps for Verizon today. The guy I was talking to in person admitted to not knowing, which I can respect, so he called what I assume was a Verizon tech center on the phone.

The person on the phone was clearly reading from a script because she said the problem was 'the google', which made me chuckle slightly.

But yeah. What JCo352 said was pretty much what script-lady said. The first thing then want to do is a factory reset, though they're not sure that will actually fix the issue. They may have to send me a new phone. I'm currently dumping all the data from my phone to my lappy that I can (pics, videos, .apk's from appsaver, etc.) because the only ones that they say will reappear for me automatically are the ones that I paid for.

And she wasn't even sure about that.