Google Talk for android?

Freezetron

Reaction score
Ok, my friend in on Alltell/ATAT cell network and aint going to Verizon anytime soon for many reasons. We still wanna be able to txt message back and forth alot but he has a limited amount of out of network txts he can send per month were as I have the special network plan with unlimited txt and data.

His HTC Wildfire came with google talk that he can use to send IM's to his girlfriends phone with verizon but I for the life of me cannot find it to get it installed on my Droid X. My web searches are coming up with nothing and I can't find it in the marketplace either.

What am I doing wrong here?

GDP

Reaction score
It's probably already installed on your phone. Check your applications

It might just be called "talk"

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

OP
Freezetron

Freezetron

Reaction score
It's probably already installed on your phone. Check your applications

It might just be called "talk"

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

OMFG.... sure as hell, there it was just "talk" in my applications. Thanks, im gonna go take an anti-retard pill now

kaytee

Reaction score
Text for free on android wether service is on or not.

Ok, my friend in on Alltell/ATAT cell network and aint going to Verizon anytime soon for many reasons. We still wanna be able to txt message back and forth alot but he has a limited amount of out of network txts he can send per month were as I have the special network plan with unlimited txt and data.

His HTC Wildfire came with google talk that he can use to send IM's to his girlfriends phone with verizon but I for the life of me cannot find it to get it installed on my Droid X. My web searches are coming up with nothing and I can't find it in the marketplace either.

What am I doing wrong here?

Go to android market install google voice and text for free through ur's or anyones wi fi. Also market, and download line2, text or talk for 10 dollars a month through yours or anyones wi fi. Weather your phone service is on or not.

AaronJr

Reaction score
ReChat (android chat. Facebook, Google Talk, ...)

Check ReChat (Android chat): Applications - RefineAndroid : powered by Doodlekit
- Facebook, Google Talk;
- multiple accounts at once;
- plain/bubble views. Customize avatar/font sizes.
- font packs (download separate apk to keep memory).
- full Unicode support;
- favorites (always in contact list);
- customize income message notification: default sound/your sound file, LED, vibration, status bar notification.
- chat history. Export (email) selected messages, open chat messages, whole history for a contact, whole history for all contacts. Archive attachment with 7zip.

Facebook features:
- all non-chat permissions are revoked, customize period, "revoke now".
- upload image/short video (several share options)
- send image/short video to a contact (private wall post).
- send message to a contact (as a private event or private wall post).
- set status message.

Google Talk features:
- showing total count of unread emails;
- marking contacts with unread emails;
- new email notification;
- list of unread emails subjects (without content).