Market Update 2.6.6 on MIUI 0.12.3.2

hbah427

Reaction score
I haven't been able to get this to install. Any suggestions?

Sent from my Droid using The Game.

(It's market version 2.2.6, my bad.)

crackedvenom

Reaction score
When is that udate coming?

A Dev 'dies a little inside' each time an ETA is asked for. save devs !! don't ask for ETAs......

seriously.

it should be out soon, dont worry :) there was some bugs that needed to be fixed.

Reaction score
I got it kind of working but still getting forced closes, so probably didnt do it right. What I did was:

1. DL the apk
2. Delete vendor.apk from system/app
3. reboot
4. install the apk
5. move com.android.vendor.apk (i think thats what it was called) from data/app to system/app
6. reboot
7. manage apps and clear the data on market
8. then open and it kind of works

I would back up before trying, I am about to restore and wait it out

crackedvenom

Reaction score
I got it kind of working but still getting forced closes, so probably didnt do it right. What I did was:

1. DL the apk
2. Delete vendor.apk from system/app
3. reboot
4. install the apk
5. move com.android.vendor.apk (i think thats what it was called) from data/app to system/app
6. reboot
7. manage apps and clear the data on market
8. then open and it kind of works

I would back up before trying, I am about to restore and wait it out

yeah thats the problem ive been hearing around the net. FCs.

Z

ZeroBarrier

If market needed to update itself, it would. Has your market notified you of an available update for itself?

I really hope you people know that certain versions of certain apps are sometimes tied to certain phones, and not necessarily and update for every single phone.

So why not chill and let Google do it's thing when it comes to updating system apps?

crackedvenom

Reaction score
If market needed to update itself, it would. Has your market notified you of an available update for itself?

I really hope you people know that certain versions of certain apps are sometimes tied to certain phones, and not necessarily and update for every single phone.

So why not chill and let Google do it's thing when it comes to updating system apps?

We want to try the new market. Were on a forum full of roms, hacks, and tweaks, lol. What do you expect

Sent from my OG Droid using Tapatalk

Z

ZeroBarrier

And did the Dev of the ROM you are currently using post a link to said "updated" Market app?

Because I don't see the reason behind a thread pointing out an issue that the Dev himself/herself didn't create. You, the user, created said issue and shouldn't be posting these issues in his/her forum.

Pretty easy to understand, or at least I consider it common sense.

crackedvenom

Reaction score
And did the Dev of the ROM you are currently using post a link to said "updated" Market app?

Because I don't see the reason behind a thread pointing out an issue that the Dev himself/herself didn't create. You, the user, created said issue and shouldn't be posting these issues in his/her forum.

Pretty easy to understand, or at least I consider it common sense.

he just wants to try the market app and asked if anyone knew how to get it working. he wasnt really posting that its an error on their side or anything. and it is for all 2.2 phones, it works fine on stock roms, just not custom. so im sure theres more than one user wanting to try this out for custom roms. why are you getting so defensive man?

Z

ZeroBarrier

Defensive? Not in the slightest; but like I said, there's no reason this should be up in the MIUI forum since it isn't a MIUI bug/issue. This should have been posted in Droid Hacks, Hacking Help or Droid Applications. But maybe it's just me, and I'm one of the few people who actually follows proper forums etiquette.

iamasongnow

Reaction score
haha i go to the forum after not being on all day. First thing i see, ZB getting snappy. It's comforting to know certain things will always be the same.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Z

ZeroBarrier

haha i go to the forum after not being on all day. First thing i see, ZB getting snappy. It's comforting to know certain things will always be the same.

Heh, I just don't understand people's constant need to make excuses or explain why they did something when they're not entirely in the "right".

But that's irrelevant. Why are so many people trying to shove a different market app with a higher (not necessarily updated, mind you) version number onto their phones? Does it do something so new and so awesome that I'm not aware of? Does it fix any critical flaws from the "previous" (lower) version? Because if it just does that same bloody thing as version 1.82, then trying to force "update" it seems like a waste of time and energy.

onsht1kll

Reaction score
Its just a new thing .. people are curious. U can't blame people for that. That's why most of us try different ROMs ..