Market not resyncing downloaded apps

phatkat66

Reaction score
Hey everyone, last night I had to wipe data/cache while I was working on my phone. When I woke up this morning the phone seemed to be in a disaster. The network wasn't working and it had to dial some number automatically to "activate" my phone. Then when i finally got in i logged into my gmail account several times because the first few times wouldn't work. Once i got past that none of my apps returned =(

Going into the market to the "download" section I seen all my apps there but none of them were downloading. I clicked on one and manually downloaded one now they are all gone and its as if I have to start over because the list is gone and it only shows the one app i pushed to download.

Can someone help me return my apps =(

Reaction score
Learn to read?

Everything you did was normal

You wiped data, thus your google account, off the phone so you had to reput that info back in

And market does not auto redownload your apps, if you use market like that then you need to manually tell it to redownload each one. Next time use astro to back up your apps

OP
P

phatkat66

Reaction score
This isn't the first time i've wiped data/cache and each time the apps redownloaded on their own. I don't remember having to do one at a time. Also if i AM supposed to download one at a time again from the list why did the list disappear after downloading the first app.

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
This isn't the first time i've wiped data/cache and each time the apps redownloaded on their own. I don't remember having to do one at a time. Also if i AM supposed to download one at a time again from the list why did the list disappear after downloading the first app.

ive installed over 30+ roms and every time and most of my apps would download automatically.. (i still make an astro backup just in case)

IF YOU OPEN THE MARKET IT STOPS THIS PROCESS. So after installing a new rom just put your phone down and leave it there for about 15 min and the apps will appear.

OP
P

phatkat66

Reaction score
Thank you, I knew i wasnt going crazy when i remember my apps redownloading themselves. But I didnt know opening the market stops it. I guess thats where i messed up.........#@$%^^ starting from scratch..... =(

Is the apps I've downloaded still under my account but not resyncing? Should I data wipe again and this time let it all download on its own?

dwagner88

Reaction score
I kinda freaked out the first time they restored automatically, because normally the first thing I do when I wipe my phone is go to the market and download mybackup pro, thus stopping the restore process. Does anybody know if it will restore automatically to a new phone? I'm getting a factory refurb replacement today because of touchscreen problems.

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
hate to say it but the only apps that are going to show up on the download list now are the ones you purchased.

the rest your gonna have to download manually.

If your rooted here is another option.

an option around this is to restore to a previous nandroid backup(hopefully you did) that has all your apps and run that for 24 hours to allow your phone to sync with the market.(may be less but im not sure) then reinstall the new rom your wanting to run and then let the phone sit for about 15 minutes or so and all the apps should download.

OP
P

phatkat66

Reaction score
I use to be rooted but i unrooted and now im havin huge problems trying to root again. I still have my nandroid backups so ill be using that as soon as i get my hands on sbfrecovery...