Market Identification

havens1515

Reaction score
I have a Droid 2 with the latest unofficial nightly of CM7 on it (11/5 from ROM Toolbox.) When I go to the web market, it recognizes my device as 2 devices - "Verizon Motorla Droid 2" and "Motorola Droid 2". Some apps say they are compatible with one, but not the other (Which tells me that they really ARE compatible.) For example, this app (which was on the DF main page today in a story)
https://market.android.com/details?id=com.hulu.plus&feature=related_apps#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEwOSwiY29tLmh1bHUucGx1cyJd
says that it's compatible with my "Motorola Droid 2" but not the "Verizon Motorola Droid 2".

Any idea WHY it's being recognized as 2 devices?

Nyobie

Reaction score
This is only a guess but it may be possible Verizon disabled certain capabilities of the phone as part of their customization - you know how they install bloatware? I think it would be possible if you were to put two dentical phone models side by side and look through the menu systems, they may not be 100% identical. Or, if the same model is available through two carriers that use different technologies for data, this might also have something to do with it. It would be nice to know for sure so I'll be watching for responses to this thread.