Hulu Plus Comes to Android Market for 6 Devices Including DroidX and Droid2

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
hulu-plus.png

You can now pick up Hulu Plus from the Android Market, and it will run on 6 specific Android phones. The compatible phones are the DROIDX, DROID2, HTC Inspire 4G, Atrix 4G, Nexus S and Nexus One. Keep in mind this is for the subscription based advanced version of Hulu that costs $7.99 per month. There is some indication that it does not work if you are running a CM7 mod... strange.

Source: Android.net via Droid-Life and Android Market

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
No support for any of the newer devices on Verizon? How bizarre.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Makes me so happy! Been wanting this for my DX for ages. Love my HuluPlus acount.

Then I just saw the last few words about not working on CyanogenMod 7. FFS!

I can confirm that CM7 on DX doesn't let HuluPlus play video. You can still do everything except play video. This seems to be a software check and not so much a hardware check.

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
Wow, the DX and D2 are getting a lot of things before some of these new devices.
Like Netflix played on the X and D2 before most others.

Im lovin' this!

nhra1ss

Reaction score
Just saw this and had to download. Have HuluPlus on my Sony Bravia and enjoy watching a lot of old sci fi movies. After a download and restart of the D2, I signed in to my account. Picking thru my Que, I was watching "The Blob" in no time. Great picture and I'm sure I am going to be watching my cell a lot at work now, :)

azules9780

Reaction score
I still can't get netflix to play or show up in the marketplace on my D2. Huluplus works fine though.