Maps navigation voice - any way to change it?

kmo

Reaction score
I've done the same thing on mine and still not working. Seems hit or miss with this beta version.... for the peeps who have this working are you rooted? Anyway I'll just wait at this point to see what comes up in the future. Not that big a deal but it would be nice to have a voice I like....

mariomp

Reaction score
It's on the same page as the voice choice selection; at least it's there on my OEM ICS. Are you rooted?

madspeed

Reaction score
Rooted and running petes latest rom.
Found it after fiddling around with a bunch of settings.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I also tried to install on my Thunderbolt using BAMF Forever. No luck here either.

prowler85

Reaction score
I have been trying the Ivona. A couple FC's but it apparently then just reloads and continues to work. Ivona is beta and does work. After installing both the app and voice pack I selected the Ivona in TTS settings.

Are you sure it's working? Mine say's Ivona is selected, but it never applies a voice package. Navigate somewhere and see if it's the correct voice. Nobody else that I've read has been able to get it to work on ICS.

Briankbl

Reaction score
Are you sure it's working? Mine say's Ivona is selected, but it never applies a voice package. Navigate somewhere and see if it's the correct voice. Nobody else that I've read has been able to get it to work on ICS.

Ivona works for me. Been using the UK Female voice.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

prowler85

Reaction score
Ivona works for me. Been using the UK Female voice.

What app is that in? I use speak-to-it and they have the "UK Female" voice as one of their options, so that's what I hear from my personal assistant. But the voice doesn't get used in Navigation. And I don't think Ivona has a "generic" UK Female voice. They all have names.

Briankbl

Reaction score
What app is that in? I use speak-to-it and they have the "UK Female" voice as one of their options, so that's what I hear from my personal assistant. But the voice doesn't get used in Navigation. And I don't think Ivona has a "generic" UK Female voice. They all have names.

No, mine doesn't work in Navigation either. But it works in just about everything else. And the voice I'm using has a name, I just couldn't remember.

psuturtle

Reaction score
On a somewhat similar note, does anybody know of a way to adjust the volume of the navigation voice? My issue is I'm going down the road listening to Pandora at a normal level while navigating at the same time. Everything sounds great in Pandora (playing through Sync via bluetooth), but when the navigation voice kicks in, I can barely hear it. It's like the nav voice and the Pandora output levels are way out of sync. So I'm looking for a way to increase the nav voice specifically.

Oh, and +1 for market apps to add/replace the stock voices. The ICS stock voice isn't bad, but options would be great.

captdroid

Reaction score
Ivona works fine for me in Navigation and everything else speaking all directions including street names. Not sure why some of you folks are having problems with Ivona. Maybe try reinstalling, downloading the voice and configuring according to the instruction. I am currently using the Ivona American voice Kendra.

madspeed

Reaction score
On a somewhat similar note, does anybody know of a way to adjust the volume of the navigation voice? My issue is I'm going down the road listening to Pandora at a normal level while navigating at the same time. Everything sounds great in Pandora (playing through Sync via bluetooth), but when the navigation voice kicks in, I can barely hear it. It's like the nav voice and the Pandora output levels are way out of sync. So I'm looking for a way to increase the nav voice specifically.

Oh, and +1 for market apps to add/replace the stock voices. The ICS stock voice isn't bad, but options would be great.

On my Lincoln w sync, the nav voice volume has its own setting, or did you mean the phones nav?