Manually upgrade to ice cream sandwich without a provider plan via mac

Kidputer84

Reaction score
Ahoy,

I'm currently trying to upgrade my Rezound to ice cream sandwich. Unfortunately, my computer recently imploded and I'm stuck using my gf's mac, which I'm not familiar with. I don't have a provider plan, so I can't take it in to a store to have them do it. Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers!

acejavelin

Reaction score
Assuming you are stock (locked bootloader) or S-OFF it is simple... download the RUU from Android Police, copy it to the microSD card, rename and flash, will factory default the phone through.

Latest 4.3.605.2 Global Mode RUU - [Exclusive Download] Full RUU Build 4.03.605.2 For The HTC Rezound
Official 3.14.605.12 OTA RUU - [Exclusive Download] HTC Rezound Ice Cream Sandwich RUU For Final OTA (3.14.605.12)

In all actuality, no computer is required at all to upgrade, just download to the phone, copy to root of SD card, rename and reboot into the bootloader.

OP
Kidputer84

Kidputer84

Reaction score
thanks, exactly what I needed to know, but to get to the bios screen I press the power + vol down right? Because the phone just comes back on like normal
Also, I can't seem to move the file over to sdcard2, this is seriously frustrating.

Last edited:

acejavelin

Reaction score
You need to pull the battery or make sure Fastboot is turned off... pull the battery and reinsert, hold POWER+VOL DN until the bootloader screen comes up and the process is automatic.

How are you trying to copy it? on the phone itself or from a PC/MAC? In the phone itself you will need a file manager like ES File Manager and from a PC it will have to be copied to the root of "unnamed volume" and not HTCSTORAGE/sdcard2