Manually transfer calls or send to voicemail

rickjacobs

Reaction score
Hi all! I'm looking for a solution that would allow me to either send an incoming call to my voice mail OR forward (transfer) to another phone number.

I'm currently using google voice for voice mail and would like to continue using it but add the option of sending the call to my assistant based on what the caller id says. Thanks in advance!

SnoDrtRider

Reaction score
Hi all! I'm looking for a solution that would allow me to either send an incoming call to my voice mail OR forward (transfer) to another phone number.

I'm currently using google voice for voice mail and would like to continue using it but add the option of sending the call to my assistant based on what the caller id says. Thanks in advance!

There is an option in contacts that allows you to send a caller in you contacts directly to voicemail. Long press the contact name and the menu will pop up.

OP
R

rickjacobs

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick response. However, I don't think this will solve my problem because I would like to decide while the call is ringing whether to answer it, transfer it or send it to voice mail.

searayman

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick response. However, I don't think this will solve my problem because I would like to decide while the call is ringing whether to answer it, transfer it or send it to voice mail.

If you have a google voice number I am pretty sure you can do it with google voice

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ignoring with the red slider will send it to VM immediately, I dont know if theres a way for you to transfer the call to another line.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ignoring with the red slider will send it to VM immediately, I dont know if theres a way for you to transfer the call to another line.
Yup. You can already choose to answer or send to voicemail. There's just no way to transfer to another phone number.

If you have a google voice number I am pretty sure you can do it with google voice
AFAIK you can transfer calls from one phone on your GV account to another (i.e. the OP's GV account would have to include the assistant's phone as one of his phones) but you can't just transfer an incoming call to any number you want. I also don't think you can automatically transfer based on caller ID info.

Last edited:

dj928

Reaction score
There is an option in contacts that allows you to send a caller in you contacts directly to voicemail. Long press the contact name and the menu will pop up.

Can you tell me what to do after long pressing? I don't see this option to forward the contact to voicemail. Thanks.

warrior21

Reaction score

Can you tell me what to do after long pressing? I don't see this option to forward the contact to voicemail. Thanks.
Click on your contact and then press the menu button. Press the options button and check the send directly to voicemail box

JoeKacz

Reaction score
AFAIK you can transfer calls from one phone on your GV account to another (i.e. the OP's GV account would have to include the assistant's phone as one of his phones) but you can't just transfer an incoming call to any number you want. I also don't think you can automatically transfer based on caller ID info.

This is going to be your best bet. If it's a number you want to send right to voicemail or send to your assistant, hit the ignore slider and let google voice do the rest. Make sure to add your assistant's phone # to your google voice account. There you can set up groups, each with a different action. for example, set up a group called 'straight to voicemail', and set the group to not forward any of your phones. Also, you could set up a group 'forward to assistant', and have all calls from numbers in that group ring to your assistant's number.