manual update available

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
Your contacts getvsaved on the net so they come back. Pictures ate on the SD card. You might loose your text messages. But that's not the end of the world.
You will need to install your apps again. Again no big deal.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Sorry but wrong. I did it on my wifes yesterday and the ONLY thing we can see that got "wiped" were her icons/widgets/wallpaper on her homescreens. They were set back to default. I've also heard that all Scenes will be wiped. Oh an some settings were set back to default such as notification options and whatnot. However all contacts, texts, apps, widgets, etc were still there and did NOT require reinstallation.

DessoThumbs

Reaction score
thanks guys! now to update the wife's eris before we head to Dallas for the week. (ain't never been to Texas, but lookin' forward to some good beef and blues!)

lissababy

Reaction score
How to manually upgrade to Android 2.1 - Android Central Forums

CAUTION! when you click on the link to download the update file every browser gives a warning of an invalid site certificate. Proceed at your own risk.

Sam

It doesn't tell me that it sends me to an error page.
I really need this file or else its gonna really hurt me in the long run.
I cannot reboot my phone its stuck in a boot loop & my recovery mode is saying i need an update.zip file, well I can't figure out which is the right one and every one I use has some kind of error whether it's signature verification failed installation aborted; E: cache/cant open/recovery/command or wtf ever! lol i'm freakin out.

Bob Dammit

Super Moderator
Reaction score
How to manually upgrade to Android 2.1 - Android Central Forums

CAUTION! when you click on the link to download the update file every browser gives a warning of an invalid site certificate. Proceed at your own risk.

Sam

It doesn't tell me that it sends me to an error page.
I really need this file or else its gonna really hurt me in the long run.
I cannot reboot my phone its stuck in a boot loop & my recovery mode is saying i need an update.zip file, well I can't figure out which is the right one and every one I use has some kind of error whether it's signature verification failed installation aborted; E: cache/cant open/recovery/command or wtf ever! lol i'm freakin out.

None of those files are going to help you if you have a Citrus, they are specifically for the Eris.

PS: Please do not cross post, it slows down the chances that you will get help.