Manual focus for android camera?

Status
Not open for further replies.

runnurrun

Reaction score
It is now 2013 and we can not manually adjust focus on our android phones? Sure we can manually adjust the zoom, but we're stuck with an intermediate touch focus that more often than not fails to focus on the objects we want it to. Has anyone stumbled upon a fix? Just thought I'd throw this out there to rekindle the fire on a dilemma that previous threads failed to resolve.

lopkiol

Reaction score
Manual focus on phone camera

It is now 2013 and we can not manually adjust focus on our android phones? Sure we can manually adjust the zoom, but we're stuck with an intermediate touch focus that more often than not fails to focus on the objects we want it to. Has anyone stumbled upon a fix? Just thought I'd throw this out there to rekindle the fire on a dilemma that previous threads failed to resolve.

I am with you.

I think that phone manufacturers do not want to solve this issue, simply because they do not want you to have full control over the phone hardware.
It does indeed depend on the hardware you have and the software version you installed.
I don't have a Droid, but I'll tell you from my little experience on a LG Optimus T, which does have a manual focus option when in camera mode, i.e. only for taking still pictures. Unfortunately this option is not present when recording a video.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.