Managing multiple mail accounts/identities besides K9

DarrBeck

Reaction score
Can you all give me suggestions on how to do this most efficiently. I have 4 gmail accounts setup and they all sync just fine but checking/searching/navigating them is a little awkward. I also would like to be able to switch identities when sending and choose which account I send from when I click a mailto link. K9 works and I enjoyed using it but before I jump through all the hoops that K9 is to setup I was looking for alternatives.

I don't really mind the default gmail app I guess if I could more easily manage identities.

On another note. I read somewhere that Google finally released the gmail code and we could expect alternatives. Maybe I read wrong but I haven't really seen anything hit.

Thanks,
Darren

Taegost

Reaction score
Well, the hoops you have to jump through for K9 or the Gmail app, or anyone one for that matter, would be pretty much the same... The setup is almost identical and you'd still need to click several buttons to change identities.
You can, however, set up both apps to have a combined inbox, so you don't have to keep switching screens between 4 different e-mails.

OP
D

DarrBeck

Reaction score
Setting up and configuring 1st and 2nd level, imap folders appearing in my gmail and other strange and timely issues setting up k9 to work on 4 accounts is a pain.

I only see combined inbox in the email app but not the gmail app. The problem with the email app is there is NO SEARCH function which is what took me to k9 in the first place.

baniels

Reaction score
If only google would allow one to access the "send-as"/"reply-to" addresses as they can in the desktop version of gmail.

OP
D

DarrBeck

Reaction score
I agree.

I just started using MailDroid and it has potential but for now is still in beta and ad-supported. Searching and other features still to come.....

Im gonna keep looking.