making voice to txt shortcut

brav

Reaction score
hi all,

using rooted droid and was wondering if there was a better way to use the long hold on the search button, which brings up voice to txt only for search. is there a way to make this function specific to the app that you're in? ie. if you're in maps or nav, a long hold search would auto press the mic button for the map app, or if you're in google voice, then the long hold would auto put that txt in a message box..?

i know there's vlingo, but was wondering if there was a modded way of doing it.

eliassami5

Reaction score
just bring up the keyboard in whatever app you are in and hit the mic button. Dont think there is an app that will do what you are asking. But dont quote me on that.

OP
B

brav

Reaction score
i'm using swype now, so unfortunately there's not a mic button on it, and you have to switch keyboards, which is hard to do when driving...

eliassami5

Reaction score
oh i see, you can always say "find xxxxx" and it will go to google maps, or "navigate xxxxx' and it will navigate to that location. But i dont that wouldent work inside an application like google voice or other non stock android apps.

Diordna

Reaction score
hi all,

using rooted droid and was wondering if there was a better way to use the long hold on the search button, which brings up voice to txt only for search. is there a way to make this function specific to the app that you're in? ie. if you're in maps or nav, a long hold search would auto press the mic button for the map app, or if you're in google voice, then the long hold would auto put that txt in a message box..?

i know there's vlingo, but was wondering if there was a modded way of doing it.

Oh cool vlingo seems sweet but not 10 bucks sweet :/

How responsive is it and whatnot