Making The Switch

ClennzDroid

Reaction score
Yup I'm switching from the moto droid to droid incredible. So is this a good switch? Why or why not. The phone is coming either way just want to knw what to expect.

shamus

Reaction score
Stock for stock the Incredible is a whole lot smoother than the Moto. It has it's downsides like any other phone but overall I really enjoyed it. The battery life is pretty bad until you learn the few tricks that make it bearable. Personally, I really liked the size and weight.
The only reason I'd say it's a bad switch, at this point, is because Moto is about to release a new beast. Rumored for a July release last I heard.

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Search tool will get you plenty of threads on this.

OP
C

ClennzDroid

Reaction score
oh lol didnt know they had a new phone coming out.

Just saw it and it looks amazing. your talking about the Droid X right?

Googleaddict

Reaction score
Yup I'm switching from the moto droid to droid incredible. So is this a good switch? Why or why not. The phone is coming either way just want to knw what to expect.

Expect terrible battery life(from what i've heard), bad signal strength, and touch screen problems(also from what i've heard.)

shamus

Reaction score

Expect terrible battery life(from what i've heard), bad signal strength, and touch screen problems(also from what i've heard.)

Battery life is not that bad. You just have to learn how to manage it. I got 48 hours on my Seidio and that's only a small step up from the OEM battery.
Signal problems - never had a problem.
Touchscreen problems - never had a single problem.

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score

Battery life is not that bad. You just have to learn how to manage it. I got 48 hours on my Seidio and that's only a small step up from the OEM battery.
Signal problems - never had a problem.
Touchscreen problems - never had a single problem.

Agreed. Battery life is easily fixable, no signal problems and no touchscreen problems.

korp

Reaction score
Well ... now you can root the Incredible so that's pretty good and a faster stock processor. The only real loss is the physical keyboard and you pickup sense ui.

shamus

Reaction score
Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever even heard of a screen issue with this phone.

Some people just wander in here from the Moto Droid section and spout off.
I've heard this, I've heard that.....bla bla bla. I've seen it happen quite a bit in the Incredible section for some reason.

Listen to the people (MiX and I for starters) that actually have the phone.

kmo

Reaction score

Did I see Moto Droid in your sig? Love this, you don't even own the Incredible yet you're giving advice, Ha ha... Battery is OK for a lot of users. Battery life is a personal thing depending on usage. I have very few days with any issue on a single charge. These phones are multitasking all the time so you're going to have to judge for yourself once you get it, depends on your usage obviously. Signal strength for me is good, NO ISSUE at all since I got it on (April 29th.) NO touch screen problems either for me, it's a very solid device all the way around. Every phone has glitches but I am very happy with the Incredible's performance across the board.