making the switch

matt52592

Reaction score
so im incredibly bored with my blackberry and will be switching to droid in the next few days. Ive done alot of research lately and narrowed my choices to the droid 3, pro and incredible2

ive played with each in the store and they all have their positives and negatives.

droid 3- i love the phone and how it performs but its alittle bulky and the phone seems to have some bugs (battery for one) but it is the newest phone and it seems like a great phone

inc2- the phone is great but i dont like the idea of not having a hard keyboard. but because of its performance and battery i think it deserves to be in consideration

pro- i love the "blackberry" design. the main drawback is its old-ish and no gingerbread and i feel like it doesnt have a wow factor to make me fall for it. i just keep falling back on it because of its similarity to blackberry

so my question is if anyone has been in the same situation as me lately or if anyone has any advice to steer me in the right direction

i'll be at verizon sometime tonight or tomorrow so any advice would be helpfull

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
:welcome: to the forum. I'd go with the D3 or Inc2. But my advice would be to try them out and see what you like. I have a physical keyboard, but hardly ever use it.

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'd go with with the Droid 3, and if you don't like it, you have 14days to return it and you can try out the inc2. Also, welcome to the forums. Any questions, feel free to ask.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

OP
M

matt52592

Reaction score
played around with the phones alittle while ago and i think im leaning towards the inc 2. like stated above i dont think i would ever use the 3's keyboard because of how easy it is to type on the touch screens.

thanks for the replies

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
played around with the phones alittle while ago and i think im leaning towards the inc 2. like stated above i dont think i would ever use the 3's keyboard because of how easy it is to type on the touch screens.

thanks for the replies

That's true. But, while it is easy to type, a keyboard is definitely more convenient and easier to type with. Especially if making long posts. You don't make nearly as much mistakes. And if you're a grammar bust like myself, the keys are much more versatile. And Droid 3, i have both to choose from. But, it's all personal preference. :) So either way, enjoy your phone!

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

FernBch

Reaction score
As far as keyboards go, I had the same concern when I got my DX. It didn't take too long to get used to the virtual keyboard. I still make an occasional typo, but no where near as many right after I got it.

My DroidX Thrives on the DarkSlide!!

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. IMO I think it comes down to personal preference but I like the D3 so....D3 it is lol