New and Looking to make the swith to Droid

nickpitt03

Reaction score
Hi all, I joined this forum to get some advice regarding a switch from Blackberry to Droid. I already know I want to make the switch, as I'm changing jobs and won't need the phone for work as much anymore, plus the blackberry can't use wi-fi, is slow, etc., basically its time for a change, and since I'm a Verizon customer, Droid is my best option.

My problem is that its mid-November and most of the current Verizon Droid phones have been on the market since spring 2010, making them old tech. I keep reading things about the new processors, build 2.3, and even 2.2 since most of the Verizon phones also still have 2.1.

What I'm trying to get at, is should I just wait a few more weeks/months for the new line of product to come out, or is that just me being paranoid and wanting to get the best thing at that moment.

Thanks!

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Well you could wait a few weeks to see what comes out but keep in mind, there are always going to be new phones coming out, so whatever phone you get will be outdated soon.

Welcome to the forums, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

wctaylor79

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcom to the site. This is the best place for anything Droid. The people here are great and you will love the decision to come over to Droids. As far as my opinion. I have a D1 and I plan on waiting until Q1 of next year to get one of the newer phones coming out. However there are sevral other options still out there. I know that they just launched the D2 Global and the Droid Pro. Both look good to me, but I feel that they are not ground breaking as the D1 was when it first came out. Those phones are coming around again Q1. So if you can hold out I would.. if not you have great options and maybe even the HTC Merge looks like it may still come out this year..?

OP
N

nickpitt03

Reaction score
Thanks, yeah, that's my worry, I don't want to get caught like I did last year. I got a blackberry in October of 2009, right before the first Droid came out, hence my hesitation and excessive research.

I went to the Verizon store a few weeks ago, and played around with the phones they had. I found that the Droid Incredible felt incredibly cheap, I could crush the thing in my hand. The X felt sturdy, but I was annoyed it hasn't even been updated to the new software, and the 2 just feels bulky and the keyboard is awful.