Making Folders in App Tray??

Reaction score
I know how to make folders and place items in them on the home screens. However, I haven't been able to make any in my app tray. Is there a way to do that? I'm concerned about my app try getting too cluttered and stuff getting hard to find. I'd like to group them by topic if possible.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
The app tray is just intended to be for all installed apps. If you want to organize you need to oranize on your home screens.

mab1284

Reaction score
Placing Items in Folders

Can someone take me through the steps for putting items in folders I have created on my home screen? Any help would be appreciated.

mab1284

Reaction score
Can someone provide instructions on how to place items in folders I have created on my home screen? Any help would be appreciated.

bacalao

Reaction score
open your drawer, long press on an app, then you feel a slight vibration and the tray will disappear (just like adding apps to homescreens) then just drag over the folder and let go. You can change the title of the folder as well, open folder, and long press the title. You can also add apps to the folder with the folder open. Hope that made sense..

STIDRIVER

Reaction score
I was bummed about the no folders in the apps tray thing too.. I recommend apps organizer rather than the stock one. Fancy icons and pretty easy to group stuff. Its in the market.

REMilk

Reaction score
I was bummed about the no folders in the apps tray thing too.. I recommend apps organizer rather than the stock one. Fancy icons and pretty easy to group stuff. Its in the market.

I recommend Folder Organizer over Apps Organizer. Both were developed and are maintained by the same person/company.

The reason for my preference is that Folder Organizer give you the ability to add bookmarks and contacts to folders. Folder Organizer also can import your organization as set up in Apps Organizer.

Bob

xrstoy1

Reaction score
I know how to make folders and place items in them on the home screens. However, I haven't been able to make any in my app tray. Is there a way to do that? I'm concerned about my app try getting too cluttered and stuff getting hard to find. I'd like to group them by topic if possible.
A home replacment called extendedhome will let you make folders in the app drawer.

travisn000

Reaction score
After searching and testing a few app organizer solutions (including most of the suggestions here), I have found that I like "Smart Shortcut" the best!

Smart Shortcuts Help

rossi

Reaction score
Go to app menu,on the right corner press settings (3 dots)
Check rearrange apps, tap and hold the app that you want to move into a folder than drop it on another app, the folder is created.

Mike.757

Silver Member
Reaction score

It depends on several things such as phone, launcher version, and software version.

I am using a stock Note 3 with touch whiz. I am on Kitkat 4.4.2. If I go to the app tray and then select menu, I have an option to create a folder in the app tray. After that, I open the folder and press the plus sign to add apps. If I want to get rid of the folder, I drag the whole folder to remove. It deletes the folder and moves the apps back to the tray.

But, that is for my configuration. My fiance has a Note 3 but uses the Nova Pro launcher. She does not have that option unless she switches back to touch whiz.

Hope that helps.