Make your GingerBread or Froyo Device Look and Feel like ICS with Holo Launcher!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
NDFObB6sdmQ9sjLGW0GnMOBoRntbkhxZHQXa6ilXS4XUnrJRU6G5ReEQU_mZeGdlig=h230
pSx8yRcLN03kB1jiWkr43Vy-QDNjIMs0h_9tXHfKDwGzqrQb6rwnzwL1qp5RCMJZuc0=h230
qvdXYST7MgTkqXnMAVeEqw1Sj2fEKu-wsEoXSBqErPm5BkKvzw4W5qa_myGLIFsRWA=h230

The overwhelming majority of you out there are still rocking GingerBread or Froyo versions of Android on your smart phone. You are the "99%" while folks like me with our ICS smartphones are the 1percenters. Not that there is anything wrong with that. In fact many of you purchased your device with the promise of updates.. cough, cough, Bionic, cough, RAZR, cough, Rezound. Devices like the Razr and the Rezound should be receiving their ICS updates soon while other phones may be left in the dark ages for a while.

Mobint Software feels your pain. That is why they developed a full blown ICS launcher for Gingerbread and Froyo devices! The best part is that it does not require root! This launcher is fully featured.

It includes:

Full ICS Style,
ICS Icons, Folders, Outlines, drawer tabs,
Custom desktop Pages/Grid (up to 9 pages on 10x10 grid),
Scrollable dock (7 icons per page up to 3 pages)
Infinite homescreen scrolling,
Gestures (swipe to open apps ect)
Customizable shorcut/folder icons,
Backup and Restore and much more

Grab it on the PlayStore for the ridiculous price of FREE!

Via XDA

Caesars

Reaction score
Looks great and seems not to lag at all :)

Very cool

Last edited:

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Holy crap, it's nice! I did install the ICS leak (the first one) on my RAZR initially, but when I had the RAZR replaced by the MAXX, I kept it stock (other than root for screen capture). I did miss the new features and feel of ICS. This is an excellent option for those who are (im)patiently waiting for ICS, and also for those who will never see it.

Very nice work. Now let's see if you can add even more of the actual ICS functionality such as Widgets in the app tray for instance. :biggrin:

SteveIrv

Reaction score
I downloaded/installed it, exited the market to find that nearly every screen on my phone was completely blank. It may be a "nice" app, but I'm not really in the mood to spend HOURS setting my phone back up like I had it with all my folders, apps on certain screens, etc.

Uninstalled it.......

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
I downloaded it out of curiosity. This app is a little better than the stock launcher for the Nexus. Even has a couple of features like Apex & Nova launchers.

I downloaded/installed it, exited the market to find that nearly every screen on my phone was completely blank. It may be a "nice" app, but I'm not really in the mood to spend HOURS setting my phone back up like I had it with all my folders, apps on certain screens, etc.

Uninstalled it.......

That's gonna happen when you install a new home launcher.

Tapped from a Galaxy Nexus using Xparent ICS

The_Chupacabra

Reaction score
I think that it is awesome for being free and being able to customize it with out rooting it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Looks pretty nice but there does seem to be some redraw. Just can't seem to find a launcher that doesn't Do that. Good otherwise though

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score

Uninstalled it.......

So....you installed a new homescreen launcher and you magically expected it to be set up already? This isn't possible.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
This is perfect. I always liked the ICS folder look over the GB versions on the D3. Love it.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

jayman350

Reaction score
very interesting, i've been waiting for an ICS-like launcher to show up for GB. This could be exactly what my fresh install of Eclipse 3.0 needs.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Giving it a whirl right now. Not too bad.

apotheosis415

Reaction score
Ehhh

I loved it at first, but on my D3 it has terrible refreshing when going from any app to the home screen. The bottom icons take up to 5 seconds to load. The app drawer when hit can also take a good deal of time to populate with the apps installed. Its better for me to see a spinning wheel, than watching the apps pop in like I get on my launcher pro from time to time.

Its great besides the lag, which I cant hang with, drives me nuts.

It really has been noticing my less than 1 gig of ram. sighh....stupid stupid stupid for buying the d3.