Major problems with ZTE flash/Android?

fizzymk

Reaction score
I bought a brand new ZTE flash phone a couple weeks ago, I use the Iwireless cell service (Sprint), and am on the $35. unlimited talk, txt, data plan. Everything worked fine for the first few days, but the past 4-5 days, EVERY SINGLE phone call I make or receive is dropped!!! Usually happens about 5-15 minutes into the call, at first, this only happened if I was lying in bed and talking on the phone, so I thought it must be something to do with the proximity sensor and I guess I was accidentally bumping the 'disconnect call' button, but now it drops/disconnects every call whether Im laying down, standing up, sitting, etc.

I called my service provider and they say nothing is wrong with the network and it must be the phone itself, Ive looked in the settings section, but cant find any way to adjust the proximity sensor, (if there even is one on this phone), I can adjust whether the screen rotates if the phone is moved on its side or not, but I dont think that would effect the dropping of calls.

Ive updated everything just now and that didnt solve anything,only left I can do is a hard reset, (havent done that yet though).

Anyone have this problem or know what it may be?

Other problem is sometimes when Im at work, I will go to check my phone, by pressing the top 'ON' button to bring up the screen, but it turns itself off somehow, this has happened a few times and is quite annoying as I never know when its going to happen and have missed a few texts and emails thanks to this, when this happens, nothing will happen until I remove the battery and put it back in.

Another problem is sometimes when I go to use the regular camera, just a black screen will come up, (nothing on or blocking the lenses either), no buttons will solve this, only thing that helps is removing the battery and putting back in.

I can deal with the camera problem, but really want to get the dropped calls fixed ASAP, as this is quite annoying. I should also mention I live in major metro area, Cincinnati, OH, and I usually have 3-4 bars of signal, usually on 4G too, so Im not in a bad cell area.

Thanks for any help.

P

promo87

Okay I, have tried reading the whole long list of problem from the scratch that you are experiencing. And yes, it do looks as if the problem is with the device itself, it really feels annoying that you network keep on dropping. Have you tired visiting to you nearest customer support with your device because I guess you will be having an active warranty and if i suggest something fishy then you might have to cry after for your warranty so, if under warranty then i would not suggest anything other than walking to the nearest support but if you are not covered under warranty then you can try doing a soft factory reset.