Major problems with droid 3. Keyboard...

Xander212

Reaction score
Typing on my Droid 3 pull out keyboard has been deteriorating over the last 2-3 weeks. At first I thought it was sloppy keying on my part however I've observed it ain't my fault:
-periods have started appearing after words. Not thru double spacing or accidently pressing period key...this is increasing over time...
-when the period mysteriously appears...more often than not...the cursor takes off & speeds thru line after line of empty space if I'm not careful. Or instead of taking off the mysterious period acts as tab key & I then face 5 or 6 spaces before the next. Word begins (this. Is example & I didn't correct either so you can see it...
-today many times I have to press the space bar twice for it to work & now some letter keys need double press as well...
There's more butthiswill do. Typing has. Become hell. I bought the Droid 3for the slide out keyboard. Am I alone with keyboard problems? Can anyone help?

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Bad Kermit

Reaction score
Definitely not just you. Both my girlfriend and I are having the exact same problems on two separate Droid 3s.

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Definitely not just you. Both my girlfriend and I are having the exact same problems on two separate Droid 3s.

I also have been experiencing problems since day one. I got mine when it came out on the 7th of july. There have been some incidents where the space key and enter key have a mind of their own and end up sending black messages repeatedly until I press the home button

Sent from my DROID 3 directly to YOU!

BluPhire

Reaction score
I've been having the same problem with my 3 as well. Gets real old, real quick. So just call Verizon and have them send a replacement?

Last edited:

blackbelt27

Reaction score
I went in store, got a replacement on the way in about 10min, eventhough the douchebag phone "guru" couldn't replicate the problem and hinted at the problem being user error

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
I went in store, got a replacement on the way in about 10min, eventhough the douchebag phone "guru" couldn't replicate the problem and hinted at the problem being user error

They always try to pull that crap on walk ins

hauf9301

Reaction score
Thought I would check in, same issue here. My keyboard slowly started to deteriorate two weeks ago. It would add more spaces then it should, delete more then it should, offer to put it symbols, etc. Some keys failed to register as well. I brought it to a VZW store and it wouldn't happen for them and then sent me on my what and treated me like a liar. Sure enough I got it to happen just before I left the store. They dispatched a replacement with standard shipping but that phone wouldn't activate and my old phone would reactive. VZW tech support couldn't resolve it so they dispatched another phone over night and now this one will not hook up to the 3G signal. I am going to VZW today to let them have it. Seriously? Three phones. I take good care of my phone and the ship me a refurbished phone that someone probably dropped. GAH! :icon_evil:

Bad Kermit

Reaction score
Ugh. I hope if it DOES require a replacement I don't get a refurbished one. Is there any chance it's a software issue?

studentbridges23

Reaction score
Sounds like it could be a memory issue, as you use your phone more, you install more apps, or run more apps, and the phone starts hanging when you are typing? Try closing all programs and apps running in the background, does it do it more or less when you restart your phone?

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Sounds like it could be a memory issue, as you use your phone more, you install more apps, or run more apps, and the phone starts hanging when you are typing? Try closing all programs and apps running in the background, does it do it more or less when you restart your phone?

Its not that. I'm constantly killing apps with a task killer and at first I thought it was google voice since that's what's I use but its not. Its the physical keyboard

cloudstrife05

Reaction score
Mine has gotten worst over the past couple of weeks as well to the point of not wanting to use it anymore. Hopefully an update will fix the issue.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Unpopularpizza

Reaction score
I have the same problem, my mom got the same phone as me at the same time as well, and her phone doesn't do it, i sat for a long time trying to get her phone to do it and i couldn't get it to do it, meaning its a hardware problem, and my phone would still do it even after i hard reset it, it did it in the little Google account setup login, if i get a new one its possible the replacement will do it, and I also don't want a refurbished phone. im so lost on what to do... i friggen hate going through this crap.

and dangit google didnt restore all my apps!! it put apps I don't use anymore on GAH!!!

xcodybx

Reaction score
I'm having this exact problem on my d2g...... wonder if it's a GB issue?
I think it's the multi-touch...so I'm going to try and use a different on screen keyboard.