Main Menu (App Launcher) Customization Help

ceboykin86

Reaction score
Ok I love my new LG Vortex! Anyway I know that you can create New categories but they seem to just stack the newest one on top of the previous ones. But is there anyway to reorganize or move custom categories?

Sent from my Vortex using DroidForums App

OP
ceboykin86

ceboykin86

Reaction score
Here's some more info. Ok so when I push the App launcher button I see all my apps, then at the bottom there are my downloaded apps. I can create new categories to sort apps into. Any of the custom made categories are put at the top. New ones are placed above the previous ones and are not sorted in any way.

I could be all strategic and plan all my categories but if I ever had to add more it would involve deleting all of them and creating them again.

If I push the menu button I can choose to move items but I don't seem to be able to move the categories even if they have no apps in the category.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my Vortex using DroidForums App

OP
ceboykin86

ceboykin86

Reaction score
Semi sorta answer to my own question. After learning about different home replacements. I've been using ADW.Launcher lately... and I'm very happy. Add in the ability to theme my phone!! Plus, if you want you can allow Landscape mode for the home screens, though for me it takes a little while to switch back and forth, possibly bc of widgets. For my organization issues there is the dockbar which you can open, and place shortcuts to your favorite apps which when open takes the place of the dock. The app launcher (or add drawer) can be sorted by customizeable categories as well.