Mail Stopped Syncing with Server with new 2.2 update

Wildboys

Reaction score
Hi All,
My business uses Go Daddy as a web host, and we have regular pop accounts. When I first got the droid incredible, mail would would only download what was on my server, but would not delete it off the server. It would then download to my outlook, when I started outlook, but would stay on the phone. Every night, i'd have to manually delete all emails, once they were on my outlook. Tiresome and annoying. With the update to 2.0, it would sync with whatever was on the server. this was great, as it would delete automatically from my phone, and sync with the server. If my outlook in the office was running during the day, i'd have zero mail on my phone, unless i closed outlook. Once i closed outlook, emails would start appearing in mail on the phone again. My outlook setting has it delete mail from the server, once it downloads.

Now with the new upgrade to 2.2, as of yesterday, this seems to have reversed it back to the old way. There is no mail on the server, yet, the phone is not syncing with the server, but rather, retained all emails it collected during the day. Even with outlook open, the phone would pull emails from the server.

I know that with 2.0, there was a setting in mail settings, to sync with server. Now, its GONE!

Any help would be great! I get about 300 emails a day, and I can't be deleting from my phone 3-4 times a day, on top of that, i'm one of the lucky ones that has about 5 apps installed, and has the Low on Memory space.

Thanks for your time!

tigerdango

Reaction score
Honestly the native mail sync on the phone, to me, is a POS. I instead use an app for Yahoo Mail which works so much better. My suggestion is to check Android Market for a Go Daddy app or some type of mail sync app. They work so much better, promise.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

OP
W

Wildboys

Reaction score
Its just frustrating that it worked, then the update just took away that feature. Go daddy doesnt have an app. Are there any other apps in the market that anyone recommends that would take care of my mail needs?

Thanks!

ezrider55

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG V30
same problem

the update last night must have caused this prolem. update was at about 11 PM. I am on the phone with HTC. Will post if they have an answer.

ezrider55

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG V30
HTC tech support

HTC tech support had me delete account, then reinstall it. Now the emails are gone but NEW E-MAILS DO NOT SHOW UP. THANKS:icon_evil: HTC.
Got that fixed (e-mails now show up ) but still have same problem, emails don't dissapear off phone after being removed from e-mail account ( server ). So if Verison sends you to HTC , don't expect an answer. They think it's an e-mail problem.

Last edited:
OP
W

Wildboys

Reaction score
Thanks EZ!
I will attempt a delete and re-install, and see if that fixes it. I loved this phone at first, but as time goes by, i've been regretting the purchase. Of course, i have about 10 total apps installed, and i'm getting out of memory notices which are now blocking me from being able to open my text messages, and on top of that, now this email issue. I only use the phone, for calls, texts, email, and that's about it, so to have these issues with 2 of the only 3 features i really use on this phone, makes it not worth the headache.

rtreadway

Reaction score
Wildboys...

Did you get any sort of resolution to your problem? I am having the same trouble. I can delete things on my phone and it will delete on the server, but it doesn't delete it off of my Droid if I delete it on the server. It used to do this, was an awesome feature (like you, I get hundreds of emails a day) and now it doesn't. FRUSTRATING! Thanks!

techinv

Reaction score
+1 for this one. Recently switched to Droid Inc from Droid 1, which at the time was running stock 2.2. I don't remember any syncing issues to my POP acct with the other device.

With the incredible, I can receive my POP email fine, but deletions (both from the device and from a computer) do not get synced back properly. Truly frustrating!!!!

OP
W

Wildboys

Reaction score
no, it never got better. and now, it also puts all my deleted mail into the trash folder, so i now have to empty 2 folders. there's no option to just delete it or stop deleted mail from going to the trash.

another problem with the mail app that i've been dealing with from the start, is that it only works about 50% of the time. 50% at BEST. most of the time, when i go to send an email through it, it says mail cannont be sent, error connecting to server. even when i'm in a wifi hookup.

i got the phone mostly to do email on the go, so if i can't do that, the phone is pretty much useless to me. sadly, as soon as my upgrade is avail through verizon again, i'm chucking this phone in the trash. hopefully by then, iphone will be on verizon.

to top it off now, the phone is also blocking me from getting my text messages, as its now saying that application memory is low. i have very few texts in that folder, and i have downloaded maybe 5 apps onto this phone. when i look at the phone memory, its barely used, with over 7 gb's free. sooooo very frustrating. of course, when i called HTC, they said "wipe your phone clean to a factory reset, and see if still happens." not a solution, and a real pain as i have over 100 contacts i'd have to transfer somehow.

enlightened

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Wildboys, if you sync your contacts with gmail you won't lose any after a factory reset. A factory reset is the only well-documented solution to the the low on space error message.