Mail server question....

Ansa82

Reaction score
So I'm a new Razr owner...came from bionic. With Bionic when I deleted email while on my computer it was gone off of Bionic also....with Razr it's still on phone and I have to go thru & delete it all again. Is there an easy fix? I know this is something to do with mail servers but I don't see anything on razr mail settings for this? Same computer...same email account. Odd that its behaving differently with razr than it did for bionic. Thank you!!

vonfink13

Reaction score
Are you using the mail app that came with the RAZR or are you using an aol app?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

OP
Ansa82

Ansa82

Reaction score
Are you using the mail app that came with the RAZR or are you using an aol app?

When I set up Razr I chose AOL as my option ....never downloaded any AOL app. Should I?

vonfink13

Reaction score
i have gmail..and i use the app....not the native email app that came with the droid...i just checked mine and when i delete it from my computer it deletes from my razr...but...it does not delete from my native email on my imac....i am thinking that (like my imac) you are actually downloading each email to your phone and not just viewing them on an aol server/account..,..not sure about this cos i dont use aol..but...it might work...good luck...

OP
Ansa82

Ansa82

Reaction score
i have gmail..and i use the app....not the native email app that came with the droid...i just checked mine and when i delete it from my computer it deletes from my razr...but...it does not delete from my native email on my imac....i am thinking that (like my imac) you are actually downloading each email to your phone and not just viewing them on an aol server/account..,..not sure about this cos i dont use aol..but...it might work...good luck...

I just looked on market and there isn't an AOL mail option...bummer.

vonfink13

Reaction score
You could try using the browser and logging in that way... Or.. Getting a gmail account.

Monkeyman806

Reaction score
I have a similar question... on my Smasung Galaxy tab 10.1... when I set up both of my msn accounts it worked awesome. I think it just views the emails on the msn servers but I could be wrong. Here is what I like about the service:

1. Every time a new email comes in it tells me right away in the notifications bar
2. If I delete the email on my tab it does not delete the email on my msn account (when I view from PC)
3. If I delete something from my msn account on my PC then when I view my email account on the tab it is not there

all in all very clean

Is this setup possible on my Razr?

If so how would I set it up?

NoBloatware

Reaction score
IMAP is the way to go if your mail server supports it. If you have to use POP, I recommend using an app like K9, free from the market. It allows you to "sync server deletions" which means that if you delete from your phone, it will delete from the server and if it deletes from the server it will delete from your phone.