Magic Jack and Easy Tether

BoJatey

Reaction score
Anyone know how to keep Magic Jack working with Easy Tether? MJ works off of my broadband connection but it is not directly wired through my cable modem. Just a phone line running to MJ's adapter that is plugged into a USB port. So since it is just ported through a USB seems like it should work through my ET connection but it doesn't.

Last edited:
Reaction score
MJ has to have a certiant upload speed to work correctly, also are you using a paid version of the tether app? I know pdanet only does un secure sites on free version that may affect the function of mj just a few ideas, also not sure how 3g would classify but I think mj doesn't work with like dsl?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
BoJatey

BoJatey

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm using ET Pro. Still playing around trying to get MJ to work and I noticed that when I tether my X, MJ goes out immediately even with my broadband modem still connected so my Android connection is trumping my broadband connection. So your saying maybe wait for 4G and it may work? May try WiFi Tether for faster speed. I am rooted but don't know if I have to turn on WiFi Hotspot app to get tethering to work. Thought rooting and using WiFi Tether was a way around using Hotspot app. Now I'm going to try and piggyback MJ adapter to X tether and run them both through same port and see if that works. Thanks for reply.