Macktion at CES 2015 Video 2: Rocket Skates

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Our second video in Macktion's video series from CES 2015 is a set of Rocket Skates. Wow! Macktion is finding some rare gems at CES this year!

Checking out these Rocket Skates, they don't actually use rockets to propel you, but they are electric motor driven with batteries that have a 6-10 mile range. They will supposedly accelerate you to around 10-12 MPH, which might feel as fast as a rocket when you aren't used to your shoes moving that way!

It was a brave thing you did demoing these for us Macktion, and you made it look like it could be fun! Thanks!

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Afoot? Peter TREADway? You had me from the start.

Then, I saw the product. Awesome! Around 5 years ago, my group of friends and I all bought Heelys and used to scoot all around town in them. I feel like the balancing act involved in these rocket skates looks very similar to those and I can only imagine how much fun the rocket skates would be on open road once you got the balance down.

Might have to keep these in mind...

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Fun interview and great clip of you on those skates hahaha. These do look really really fun. I have one question, are they hard to balance on? What would you compare it to? Rollerblades? (ok 2 questions)