Macktion CES Video Series from TabletRoms Vid 11: Clingo Booth

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
[video=youtube;MG8AVfMat8s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=MG8AVfMat8s[/video]​

Here is the eleventh video in our Macktion at CES video series from TabletRoms. In this installment Macktion interviews the fine folks at the Clingo booth. The Clingo product is from Allsop, and looks pretty useful. It is a polymer-based reusable sticky surface to hold objects without leaving any kind of residue behind. This seems like some impressive space-age stuff, and I am surprised we never saw this in some old Star Trek episode or movie. What do you guys think?

TabletRoms

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
I like it. Please make the tablet stand include a power cord or usb cord track so that the usb cord doesn't just dangle from the device, but looks integrated.

mantispid

Reaction score
Not good for summers south of Canada...

From multitudes of reviews I've been reading on this product, it works amazingly well! That is, of course, until it is exposed to higher temperatures, such as those found in vehicles during the summer months. Apparently it melts and glues itself to whatever you stick to it... then if you try to pull it free it leaves behind a gooey residue, and the Clingo itself is rendered fairly mangled and useless.

So, note to those buying... Don't leave it in your car, and keep it below 80F or so.

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
From multitudes of reviews I've been reading on this product, it works amazingly well! That is, of course, until it is exposed to higher temperatures, such as those found in vehicles during the summer months. Apparently it melts and glues itself to whatever you stick to it... then if you try to pull it free it leaves behind a gooey residue, and the Clingo itself is rendered fairly mangled and useless.

So, note to those buying... Don't leave it in your car, and keep it below 80F or so.

That's good to know! Thanks.