MacBook Pro + Windows 7 != Mount

mkhannah

Reaction score
Hello All,

I've given up on my search for help via forum/search engines. I've tried a couple of suggestions that are related except they don't include the MacBook Pro Part of this problem...

Okay! I have just received a MacBook Pro for work that I've setup to dual book between Win7 and OS 10.6. Neither OS will see the Droid (original). Both OSes will see any other USB device that I've tried to connect; everything from smart card readers to various thumb drives. All except my phone.

I've installed the Adroid SDK/Drivers. I've tried turning on and off the USB debug option on the phone. My old WinXP tablet recognized the device even before install the SDK/Drivers. I have a license for PDANET and it will not see the device and/or install its drivers.

Can anyone help me out that has had this problem or is knowledgeable with Win7? I'm incredibly new to the Apple/MAC world so I might doing something incredibly stupid, but if both OSes recognize everything else I've thrown at it...

Ask me questions if it will help you give me advice!

Thanks,
Mark

msburr87

Reaction score
Try downloading the USB handset driver from motorola its separate from the other drivers. I had to do this on my MBP with windows 7 virtual machine. If you can't find them I'll try to find them and send em to you.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Have to ask, you didn't mention it in your OP. But you have turned 'on' the "USB Storage" from your phone after you connect the USB cable? I've not had a problem with any of my Win7 machines (and have never had to install the divers). But it (Win7) will not 'see' the device until you do activate the storage from the phone (i.e. 'mount' the device).

OP
M

mkhannah

Reaction score
Have to ask, you didn't mention it in your OP. But you have turned 'on' the "USB Storage" from your phone after you connect the USB cable? I've not had a problem with any of my Win7 machines (and have never had to install the divers). But it (Win7) will not 'see' the device until you do activate the storage from the phone (i.e. 'mount' the device).

When I say nothing happens, I mean NOTHING happens when I plug the phone in. Win7 does not attempt to recognize the device. The phone does not give me the option to mount the SD card. I've tried multiple routes. Two different sets from Motorola's website, I've tried the ADB SDK from Androids/Google's development website and I've tried installing the drivers via PDANet's install process. The PDANet's install process stops just after selecting Motorola as the device I own. Again, when I say nothing happens when I plug the phone into the computer, I mean NOTHING! Such as, when I plug in my smart card reader, the OS says "ActivCard SCR301..." FYI, the phone will charge but that's it. I know it isn't the cable; I use the same cable on my WinXP machine w/o a problem. I appreciate the help. Sorry if my frustration is coming off a little too strongly.

OP
M

mkhannah

Reaction score
ALL, Frankly, I have no idea what I was doing wrong. And I apologize for wasting your time. I decided to uninstall every last Motorola item on the computer and try one more time. Success. Now to switch over the OS 10.6 and give it another try. Thanks for all your help. I have the Mac links above to help if I need it.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Glad you got it. Keep us posted

Mike's DroidForums App