Mac Compatibility

Hockey4jack

Reaction score
Hey guys, I am new to the Android operating system. I just wanted to know, how is the Droid's compatibility with the Mac (Snow Leopard) os? thanks.

OP
Hockey4jack

Hockey4jack

Reaction score
Nice, thank you. Any word on when the release date will be?

georgegwk

Reaction score
Sorry, I do not follow this. Will the Droid sync with a Mac computer? Thanks, George

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

georgegwk

Reaction score
Sync Mac with Droid

Dear Hook,

thanks. So I use gmail and could just use that on my new Mac?

Would like to sync the MacPro contacts and calendar with the Droid. I did that on the PC using CampanionSync which worked very well.

Thanks again, George

stevehy

Reaction score
For contacts and calendar spanning sync to sync iCal and address book with Google calendar and contacts. For iTunes and iPhoto to sync with your Droid sailing media sync.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Dear Hook,

Would like to sync the MacPro contacts and calendar with the Droid. I did that on the PC using CampanionSync which worked very well.

Thanks again, George

My mac only has ical and I don't use Mac Pro Contacts. I know you can sync ical to gmail but I'm not sure about Mac Pro Contacts and calendar. I just tried a google search and I'm not coming up with much.

Gmail is a key component to the Droid as is Google. You want to set up as much stuff as you possibly can in gmail (contacts) and Google (calendar) as the Droid is a Google phone.

There is no guarantee that the Missing Sync will work with your programs either. If you can port your calendar to ical then you can make that work. I don't know about your contacts.

cuskit

Reaction score
Dear Hook,

Thanks again, George

I'd love to find out how to do this also. I did this in a round about way by importing and exporting my Mac Address Book through the SD card. Haven't found a way to directly sync my google account with the Mac address book.

Hook - can you give us the procedure for this? It'd be a great help! TIA! mike

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

cuskit

Reaction score
Again I don't know about how to sync contacts. I found a way to do it via terminal but here's how you sync ical to google:

Sync with iCal or Sunbird - Google Calendar Help

This article tells you how to sync contacts from Mac address book to Google via terminal.

How to Enable Mac Address Book to Sync with Google’s Gmail Contacts without an iPhone or .Mac [Mac Guide] : Zaphu
Hook, Thanks! Using terminal worked like a charm on syncing ical! I had to reboot after the merge but after that it was fine!

Nice tip! :) mike

georgegwk

Reaction score
Thanks

Thanks Hook, I will work at this to see what I can do. I appreciate your getting back to me. Best, George

DroidFan

Reaction score
I have a MacBook Pro and have been using the Droid since it's release date. I've stopped using iCal altogether and allow the Droid to do it's thing with the Google Calendar and the Google Contacts. It's seamless! When I connect my Droid to the MBP via the USB cord, it recognizes it immediately & I can drag/drop files and music (including mp4s bought through iTunes!) directly and they play without any problems.

So, all in all, I've been pleased with the compatibility! Especially after coming from BlackBerrys... Ugh...