mac and Droid

taypotts

Reaction score
I'm thinking about getting a Mac this week and getting rid of my PC and I'm curious from other Mac users how compatible is the Droid? Is mounting easy? What about. Zip files for themes and roms? Any help is great!

(This is not a thread about Macs over PC's or visa versa)

cplus

Reaction score
Easy peasy..

I have no problems interfacing my DROID with my mac. None.

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
I am typing this right now using a MacPro tethered to my Droid using PDANet. It all works fine together!

OP
taypotts

taypotts

Reaction score
Awesome!! What bout wireless tether no problems there? If I've been using my PC and I do switch to Mac will there be any formatting issuses with my SD card?

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
I use an adapter to plug my SD into a usb slot to format. I think FAT32 is the proper format. I can't recall because I haven't formatted in a while. The rest of the time I just mount it through the Droid when it's plugged in using USB.

The only thing I can't stand is how Macs leave little files like ".< TRASH >" on the SDcard. Macs do that on every portable media device you plug in though.

I haven't WiFi Tethered yet. I'll test it in a bit.

artc33

Reaction score
I second everyone here, no hay problemas whatsoever! wi-fi tethering... awesome! it's all about the drag and drop... doesn't get easier than that.

The best thing is, you can create a main folder on the computer and call it like droid or something, and anything you download related to droid save it in there... no clutter.

ocholoco

Reaction score
ditto what everyone else said. i have tethered both my iMac & my old iBook, used PDAnet for both and i just mount the card with the usb cord to my droid. no problems formatting either.:)
oh, i also transfer photos & videos to my iMac via bluetooth.

artc33

Reaction score
i don't really do much bluetooth to be honest, to me, it's all about the plug in, drag-n-drop.

artc33

Reaction score
also a good idea, any pics you take with your phone, or any wallpapers or ringtones... also make copies to this "main droid" folder in different subfolders, i have them called, ringtones, music, pics, downloads, apps, apk's... you'd get it.