M Stands For MilkShake?

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Part of the fun of new Android releases is trying to guess the name of the next version! It was discovered earlier in the week that the codename for the next version of Android is Macadamia Nut Cookie. That is quite a mouthful, and is quite a bit to type when talking about Android. This is likely not the final name of Android M. Today a few of you may have noticed that Head Android Engineer Dave Burke was sporting a Milkshake as his Android Wear watchface!

This actually kind of sent the web ablaze for a moment. It was enough for Burke to respond on twitter.

Dave Burke @davey_burke · 6h 6 hours ago
Rumors of Milkshake are exaggerated. My watch face hack cycles thru' my fav M desserts :). Doodles by @dsandler!

So it looks like Milk Shake is actually only one of a handful of potential names floating around as potential final names for Android M. Hopefully Google won't keep us waiting too long.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
+1 Marshmallow..

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Malt... Maraschino cherry... Marmalade.. Milk dud, macaroon...?

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
I think the key in finding the next name is finding what statue would look good next to all the rest. LOL The big question (maybe its just because I haven't had my coffee yet) but where will they go with N? Nutter Butter, Noodle, ???

pixeline

Reaction score
I'm for Marshmallow as well ... think they could make a fine gigant white marshmallow . And if they were really elaborate include a stick and a bonfire :)

Just my five cents ..