Luke Wilson is a Liar

jasonb

Reaction score
Y'know, I never saw him in this light before these commercials (way to go, AT&T!). But I agree.

I don't think I'd take the money that ol' Orange is paying him; his image is taking too much of a hit with these.

Jeez...What's next? Boycotting Howie Long for pitching Chevrolets?

Howie Longs speaks facts backed up by numbers

that is true. ATT just spouts off bologna about them being faster when they really aren't. the latest test i saw showed that when you can actually find T-Mobile service you'll get the highest speeds with them. and idk how ATT can claim they have the fastest when Spring is going 4g. sprint may not have 4g coverage in a lot of areas yet, but it is very fast where it's available.

jasonb

Reaction score
I bet Luke Wilson knew he was lying when he made these commercials.

"Best 3g smart phones"

Uhmm, obviously the best phone out right now is the Motorola Droid-

ohhh and verizon has no "cool apps".

qoncept

Reaction score
I bet Luke Wilson really hates Owen. It would suck to be the loser brother.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Y'know, I never saw him in this light before these commercials (way to go, AT&T!). But I agree.

I don't think I'd take the money that ol' Orange is paying him; his image is taking too much of a hit with these.

Oh, for heaven's sake. Howie Long reads a script, just like every spokesperson. Shooting a messenger is only slightly less ridiculous than responding to this thread.

OP
JCo352

JCo352

Reaction score

boscher50

Reaction score
I hate how he wastes his time in one of those commercials where he says he went around america collecting post cards of where he had service... it's like dude- give me a break- everyone has service basically EVERYWHERE lmfao.

MET A CHICK IN LAS VEGAS
...DIDNT WORK OUT.
At least my cell had service, I was like, THE ONLY ONE.

*laughs* ok ok sorry.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
I hate how he wastes his time in one of those commercials where he says he went around america collecting post cards of where he had service... it's like dude- give me a break- everyone has service basically EVERYWHERE lmfao.

MET A CHICK IN LAS VEGAS
...DIDNT WORK OUT.
At least my cell had service, I was like, THE ONLY ONE.

*laughs* ok ok sorry.

"Wastes his time?" I don't think so. I doubt he's doing the commercials pro bono.

boscher50

Reaction score
Wastin time on the tv is what i meant-

he could have taken a diff route... i in no way would go to A t and T with a commercial about some guy braggin he got service somewhere lol

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score

that is true. ATT just spouts off bologna about them being faster when they really aren't. the latest test i saw showed that when you can actually find T-Mobile service you'll get the highest speeds with them. and idk how ATT can claim they have the fastest when Spring is going 4g. sprint may not have 4g coverage in a lot of areas yet, but it is very fast where it's available.

in responce to the highlighted part.

technically speaking ATT does have the fastest 3G in america they also have the largest 3G network in america. They DO NOT have the largest and fastest celluar network in america. The fastest is Sprint while the largest is Verizon. 3G is atechnology ONLY used by GSM networks.(att & t-mobile)

by them saying they have the largest 3G and fastest 3G they are basically saying that they are bigger and faster then the only other GSM network in america that i know of which happens to be T-Mobile which isnt saying much. A can and a string would give t-mobile a run for its money

These commercials work well for them because the vast majority of the public doesnt know nor do they care about the (GSM)3G vs (CDMA)EVDO war.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
He is only saying what he is getting paid big bucks to say.

But I do agree he is a tool just like his annoying brother.

And the thing is, he comes off all cocky and stuff like everyone should know what he is saying is true... just feel like smacking him everytime that commercial is on.. cant wait till they have TV that lets you ad comments to shows/commercials.. :)

FlacoTech23

Reaction score

in responce to the highlighted part.

technically speaking ATT does have the fastest 3G in america they also have the largest 3G network in america. They DO NOT have the largest and fastest celluar network in america. The fastest is Sprint while the largest is Verizon. 3G is atechnology ONLY used by GSM networks.(att & t-mobile)

by them saying they have the largest 3G and fastest 3G they are basically saying that they are bigger and faster then the only other GSM network in america that i know of which happens to be T-Mobile which isnt saying much. A can and a string would give t-mobile a run for its money

These commercials work well for them because the vast majority of the public doesnt know nor do they care about the (GSM)3G vs (CDMA)EVDO war.

wow :unsure:

KevinJ

Reaction score
ohhh and verizon has no "cool apps".

Well, that all depends on the person. :)

I am constantly amazed by all the great stuff my brother can get for his iPhone, and none of it is available for Android.

I'm really into astronomy along with photography, and there's nothing in the Android world compared to what is available for iPhone. And that's a fact. Heck, NASA has come out with three new apps for iPhone in just the past few months. In photography, there are iPhone apps to control your camera.

And when I have inquired to these developers as to why they aren't making them for Android, some say...
it's a bit of a tough call for an iphone developer to start writing for android. The two are very incompatible, so despite them both sharing the same hardware more or less it'd mean a near total rewrite.

Google have allowed the hardware specs to vary a bit too - meaning you have to either get your app's interface to scale nicely (can be difficult) or you have to design for each of the various screen sizes that are now out there. This is what made writing mobile software a total nightmare before the iphone, I hope they keep it limited : the different android OS versions can be incompatible too, which doesn't exactly help.

Add to that the fact that the iphone is still way, way ahead of android in sales so your potential income is many times higher, and you get an idea of why people are more active on iphone than android.
If Verizon had gotten the iPhone, I would have thrown my Droid away in a heartbeat.